-1-

A/N: New story yay! I'm so excited about this, I really, really love it! I hope you will, as well. In the multimedia there's a picture of how I imagine James to look like.

Big shout out to my lovely Charlotte for helping me with the research for this story. And for anyone from Street, England.

Bel, xx

-1-

"Oh, he'll be head over heels for me," Roxette beams, fanning her face and batting her long faker-than-meat-in-hamburgers eyelashes. "The moment he walks in and we make eye contact, he'll be lost."

"Keep dreaming, sweetie," replies Adeline, her supposed best friend. I snicker, but keep watching without making a sound. I'm very good at that. "He'll be mine. That bad boy will be my next favourite mistake."

I gag and have to look away. The boy hasn't even showed up yet and they are already fighting for the illusion they have of him. Whoever he is! I would die laughing if he turns out to be some super geek, covered in acne and overweight hobbit. I don't think I could control myself after seeing the faces of these girls falling to the ground, all their fantasies broken.

It would be delightful.

Rumour has it we'll have a new class mate. Something exciting in Strode College for once! Although every year many kids join the establishment, we don't get many transfer students in the mid of January. So of course it has caused uproar, especially among the female community when it was made public that our future classmate would be a male.

Oh, wouldn't it be funny if he's studying something like... uh... Beauty! And he's gay? I would pay to see the moment Roxette and Adeline realise they won't get a new boyfriend. But that will not happen. I mean he is also taking the Level 3 diploma in Arts and Design so we share all of our lessons. And he is joining our group as we are the smaller one. The other group has twenty students already.

The moment they found out a new transfer student was joining us, all sort of rumours began. I don't really know which one is more ridiculous. First I heard he was expelled from his previous college after assaulting a teacher and setting his car on fire. Then I heard his family is part of a mafia and they just moved here. I also heard that he killed someone so he is hiding here in Street, England. Then I heard a variation of that in which he saw someone being murdered so he is hiding to save his life. I also heard that he is probably this mysterious boy with a dark secret that everyone wants to unravel, of course.

It seems very curious to me that in all these silly rumours this poor boy is some sort of bad boy. No one has thought that maybe his parents were offered a good job here and moved to stay together. Or that maybe he lost his parents and now has come to live with some relative. No, they immediately think he is some sort of lost cause and that thrills them because all of them want to fix him.

Isn't that sad? The boy hasn't shown up and all what his classmates want is to change him, to shape him into what they consider the perfect guy.

What is it with people wanting to change the other person they choose to be with? Isn't it easier and less time consuming being with someone you actually like and whom you wouldn't change? We don't even know his name, for crying out loud.

"What if he's a nerd?" I ask but as usual they ignore me. I'm too lame for them but, hey, surely I get points for trying.

"Can you imagine our tragic story? Everyone opposing to us because he's not good for me but they don't know us, they don't know I love him and I make him a better person, that we need each other. They don't see that we have to be together, they just try to tear us apart," Roxi dramatises and I roll my eyes. This girl is going to end up writing soap operas scripts, I'm calling it. "We'll be a modern version of Romeo and Juliet, and everyone will swoon over our love story."