FAQ (and other technical stuff)

Hello everyone! 

Okay so I'm sorry. I didn't feel like writing (mostly because I just got really, really obsessed with Chansung (from 2PM in case anyone knows them) so my brain isn't working properly and I didn't even try writing Unseen. I don't want to give you crappy chapters or just fillers to fulfil an update. Hence, I've decided to answer some of the questions I get asked the most and some technical aspects that I'm not sure can be explained in the story. These aren't really necessary to understand the book, but if someone is curious about the whole theory behind ghosts in this universe, then this is your chance to understand.

1) How many chapters is Unseen going to have?

Well, I think around 40 which means not many more. Maybe more, it depends. There isn't much left, to be honest.

2) Will there be a happy ending? How?

I do have planned a happy ending, in a general sense. I know most of you think romance as "they end up together," but that's not the only definition of a romance novel. Romance roughly means there's love in it. Paige and James love each other, so basically this is a romance even if they might not end up together. My advice: don't focus so much on the ending of the story but on every step they take together. Enjoy the journey so you won't miss it or feel empty when you reach the end.

3) Will they ever have sex? Can they?

I am very traumatised by how many times this has been asked and by the amount of people actually concerned about this. Like seriously.  Does every relationship only ends up on that or focuses on that? They have barely confessed but readers were asking about this from like chapter 15 *shakes head*. 

Clearly, it is not possible because it is too weird and I have limits. During sex the control of emotion is complicated and she could hurt James like that, which Paige will never dare to do. And as if that wasn't enough, she would cause him a case hypothermia, so it's a big fat not. I know many are asking me to kill James so he can end up with Paige, but that's not the way. I won't make Paige kill him accidentally.  That would make me write like twenty more chapters with her grief and showing she can't bear to look at James because she killed him. Let's not go there, please. 

Also, if you know me a bit you should know I don't write sex scenes for teens. It just goes against my values. I rate my Wattpad books PG-13 for a reason. And unless it's essential for the plot and part of the character's development, I won't include it in the story at all. Furthermore, I normally end my stories when the couple gets together so there's no room for that.

4) What if someone walks in and sees them kissing?

Well, they were kissing in James' house and no one should go in and see them, but that's besides the point. By now James really doesn't mind if people see him talking to the "thin air." He couldn't give a damn about people's opinion so it's quite irrelevant.

A reader once said "there are two type of readers. The ones dying over feels and the ones concerned and only thinking how James is kissing air." That made me laugh out loud because it's true. Basically those were the two type of reactions and I guess that's how we can see what readers can see ghosts and what readers cannot *winks*. Another reader mentioned how she couldn't even worry about the fact that James was kissing "air" because Paige was real for her and she could actually kind of see her so it wasn't weird for her. I guess because of the same I don't even worry about that. James in my mind is kissing Paige, not air.

And this brings me to explain the whole theory behind ghosts.

In my theory, ghosts are energy. To be precise, ghost shouldn't even be used as a term, it's more accurate to refer to them as souls as that is the energy living within every body. It has nothing to do with theology or whatever. Hell and Heaven don't exist, and I do not mention a religion or anything. It's a matter of energies and each religion interprets this differently.

Basically, each soul has a due time in Earth where they are supposed to learn what is missing in them. If a life is ended before its due time, then that soul has to remain in Earth until the time is fulfilled or the lesson learnt, AKA unfinished business. People who kill themselves, because this is their choice and they are trying to stop their time, need to stay in isolation from even other ghosts and they are even more bound to their death place. In a way, it's to make things harder for them as a way to "punish" them for taking a life. Murderers also get punished for stopping a soul from learning its lesson. And people who have been killed also stay because their lives have been abruptly stopped and they haven't learnt their lesson. Although they do get a kind of guide to help them.

Some of you mention poltergeist and although it is technically correct, it's not accurate to use. In this universe every ghost is able to move things and touch people. It's a matter of concentration and channeling energy. It's not a special kind of ghost, it's every ghost. If the ghost doesn't focus then they will not be able to even flip a page. The longer a ghost stays, the more naturally it'll be for them to be able to "solidify" their energy. That is why it's so easy for Paige to move things and act so human like.

Paige has two options to cross over to where all the other souls gather, what I like to call the Next Dimension (if you read The Comeback you know about this). She can either learnt her lesson in life or she can run out her time in Earth. If she doesn't learn her lesson, however, she'll have to come back to another body and another time: reincarnation. Some souls have more than one lesson to learn and they live more lives.

Even if all my ghost books aren't exactly connected, they kind of share the theory behind. I'm agnostic so I have my own kind of theory of what happens after death. It's just fiction, so don't take it seriously. I have a too active imagination. I do believe in ghosts, though. I have encountered many. I grew up in a "haunted" house, hence why I enjoy writing ghost stories the most.

I am, once again, sorry for not updating today but I hope this was useful. The next chapter should be up on Thursday.

Bel, xx