"Thanks for one of the best nights of my life."

Later that Night

Zach's POV

"No no no you're WRONG." Mia said, laughing as we walked around downtown, "cookie dough is NOT the best icecream flavor. Mint chocolate chip all the way!" She said, punching the air.

I laughed, "I'll let you be the judge of that." I said, taking my ice cream and handing it to her.

"Bold move of you to share your ice cream with me. It might be all gone when you get it back." She said, smiling and taking the ice cream.

I laughed at her as we continued walking. Honestly, tonight wasn't turning out to be too bad. Not in the slightest. After we left the club we walked down and found an ice cream shop. We sat for a bit and talked and now we were just kinda walking around with no exact purpose. It was nice. And she was...so hot...but like it wasn't that she just looked hot. It was everything. Like, her personality was so hot too. And did I lie when I said I wasn't looking for anything? Maybe. But she wasn't so that meant nothing was gonna happen tonight and I was fine with that.

"Oh my god I love this karaoke bar!" She said, grabbing my hand and dragging me into the bar. The bar was practically empty. There were one or two people there plus the bartender. Must've been around closing time.

"What are you doing?" I asked her laughing.

"Look, I told you there were better things we could do and this is one of them." She said, as she walked straight up to the stage.

"Mia, that still doesn't tell me what you're doing." I told her as she whispered something to the guy working the booth.

"Just watch. Corbyn told me you could sing so this shouldn't be too hard for you." She said, winking at me.

Music started to play and she began to sing, "I hear the ticking of the clock I'm lying here the room's pitch dark I wonder where you are tonight No answer on the telephone And the night goes by so very slow Oh I hope that it won't end though Alone 'Til now I always got by on my own I never really cared until I met you And now it chills me to the bone How do I get you alone How do I get you alone."

I smiled, watching her sing. She was in her element up there. I could tell she wasn't a singer singer but she knew how to put on a show. I walked up to the stage and grabbed the second microphone and joined in.

"You don't know how long I have wanted To touch your lips and hold you tight, oh You don't know how long I have waited And I was going to tell you tonight  But the secret is still my own And my love for you is still unknown Alone."

She joined me, and smiled as we sang together, our eyes never leaving each other, we got closer and closer as we sang, "'Til now I always got by on my own I never really cared until I met you And now it chills me to the bone How do I get you alone How do I get you alone."

The song finished and we were inches from each others' face. After a couple seconds she turned away and put her microphone back on the stand.

"You're a good performer." I told her, as we sat down at one of the booths.

"Thank you, you're not so bad yourself."

"Well I'd like to think so, given that's what I do for a living." I told her, laughing.

"Hey...so um...can I ask you a question?" She asked me.

"Yeah, sure what's up?"

"Is um...is your friend uh...Jack...seeing anyone?" She asked me.

My heart sank in my chest, after this whole night, I thought she was somewhat interested in me.

"Thought you said you weren't looking for anything." I said looking down at my drink.

She started laughing.

"What?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Oh nothing." She said, still smiling.

"No, no what? Tell me?" I said, confused as to why she was smiling.

"Zach, I'm not interested in Jack. I was just testing my theory." She said, laughing.

"Theory?" I asked her.

"Ok not really a theory but more like an...observation I'd made." She explained.

"And that observation is..."

"That you're into me." She said, smiling at me.

My heart caught in my chest. "Uh...no..I...uh..."

She laughed, "It's ok, you're not so bad yourself...but uh...like I said...I'm not really looking for anything with anyone right now."

"I get that." I said, nodding.

Just then, she got a text, "That's Danielle. She's outside the bar, I should go." She said, getting up.

"Hey uh, listen, I know you said you're not looking for anything but uh, here's my number just if you wanna, i don't know, like talk and stuff." I said, writing down my number and handing it to her.

She smiled at me, "Thanks Zach. And thanks for one of the best nights of my life."

"Same goes for you."

She hugged me and then turned around to leave. I watched her walk away and out of the bar, leaving me behind. I hoped to GOD I would see that girl again.