"Your true thoughts come out when you're drunk"

Back at the house

"Thank you so much." I said handing the uber driver a tip, "and I'll call the company and pay for your car being cleaned." I told him, looking back at where Mia had thrown up in the back of the uber.

"Don't worry about that. Just take care of the girl." He told me, "She's lucky to have a boyfriend like you."

"Oh no we're not-thanks." I told him, shutting the door and helping Mia out of the back of the car and into the house. I sat her up on the couch and placed a bucket by her feet in case she threw up again.

"I'm such a mess." She said, putting her head in her hands.

"No...no you're not Mia. You really aren't." I said, moving over to here and holding her to comfort her.

"No. I am." She said, shaking her head.

"No...you-"

"-I am ok? I completely ruined my relationship."

"Mia. What happened?" I asked her.

"Tyler thinks I'm in love with you." She said, laughing, clearly still very drunk.

"Ok well we know that's not true." I told her, "It shouldn't be hard to convince him of that. We can fix that."

"Oh but see Zachary." She said, putting her hand on my chest, "see that's where you're wrong." She said, poking me in the chest and laughing.

My heart skipped a beat and caught in my throat "Um...Mia you must be really drunk."

"Butcha know what they sayyyyy. Your true thoughts come out when you are drunkkkk. And I'm soooo drunkkk." She said, smiling at me.

I literally did not know what to say. I couldn't even comprehend what was going on right now. She had a boyfriend. She couldn't be serious right now.

"Besides, he loves me more than I love him. I know thattt. He doesn't DESERVE me. He doesn't deserve me because I looovveeee you." She said, and with that she passed out and fell asleep on my shoulder.

I sat there, staring ahead at the wall in front of me.

God this was gonna make for an interesting morning.