"Let's go get this over with"

The Next Night

"So you're staying for another week?" Tyler asked me, over the phone as I got ready to go out with the boys.

"Yeah is that a problem or something? You sound disappointed." I told him.

"No no it's not a problem it's just...I was gonna sorta surprise you with this really nice dinner date when you got back but I can just cancel the reservation."

I closed my eyes and took a second to respond. Of course he was. How was he the best boyfriend and I still couldn't be 100 percent appreciative of him??

"I'm really sorry Ty...I just canceled my flight. I can book another one if you want though." I told him, knowing I had to make this up to him.

"No it's ok. I'll see you when you get back and I'll just move the reservation." He said, and I could tell he was upset.

"Tyler...are you sure?"

"It's fine. Why are you staying anyways?" He asked me.

"Well, um, Zach and the guys asked-"

"-Zach wants you to stay?" He asked, cutting me off.

"Uh...well him and the rest of the guys..."

"Oh."

"You ok?" I asked him.

"Yeah no. I'm just...um...no I'm good."

"Tyler. You're lying to me." I said, knowing he wasn't telling me the truth.

"I'm...I don't know you've just...been a little distant ever since we got back together." He said, and I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, even though I already knew.

"I don't know...it's just...it hasn't been like it was before and..." He stopped, not finishing his sentence.

"What?" I asked him, "what is it Tyler? You can tell me." I told him.

"...and I think part of it has to do with Zach."

"Oh..." I said, quietly. "You know there's nothing going on with us right?"

"Yeah...I just...I know how he feels about you..."

"Tyler. I'm not saying this is your fault but, you do realize you're the one who let me go stay with them after you left right?"

"I know I know but...I didn't realize you'd be spending this long with him."

"Tyler. I can assure you NOTHING is going to happen with Zach." I told him, partially trying to convince myself.

"I know...we have to talk about this when you get home though."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, confused.

"I mean we have to talk about us. Maybe it's just not worth it."

"Tyler..."

"Just...think about it before you get back and have an answer for me."

"Tyler I-"

The phone being hung up cut me off.

I threw my phone on the bed and sat down on the bed and put my head in my hands.

I heard a knock at the door and walked over and opened it.

"Hey the guys just wanna know when-are you crying?" Zach asked, looking at me.

I hadn't even noticed that my eyes had started to water. I wiped my eyes and looked at him, "What? No. I'm ok."

"Noooo you're crying." He said, as I went back to getting ready.

"Zach. I can promise you. It really isn't that big of a deal. And I also don't wanna talk about it." I told him.

"Ok. If you say so." He said, sitting down on the bed as I pulled my stuff together.

"So anyways, the guys just wanted to know if you were ready to head out."

"I don't know. I think I might just stay in tonight. Not really in the mood." I told him, leaning back on the dresser.

"I mean, I don't really wanna go either but...that's what everyone wants to do." He said, laughing.

I didn't say anything and just continued grabbing my stuff.

"Are you sure you're ok?" He asked me again.

"What? Yeah. I'm fine." I said, snapping out of my daze and grabbing my bag.

"Let's go get this over with." I said, walking past him and out of the room.