25. Cheering up

AUTHORS POV

'But hyung-'
'No taehyungah...' Hoseok said patiently.
'I miss him hyungie!' Taehyung whined before giving up and sitting next to hobi in the farm house 'it has been two days since we spoke to jimin,he eats with Grandma ji and sleeps there. He is not even talking much...not even smiling as much'
'I know but aunt areum told us to not ask him about anything and to leave him alone..'
'Thats why I asked you if you could help me sneak into yoongi hyungs room..I will quickly talk to him an-' Taehyung stopped mid sentence and gulped as he and hobi saw areum stand behind them looking unamused.
'Oh! Hi there auntie areum!' Hoseok said nervously.
'Noone is sneaking of anywhere and if I find any of you brats pestering that poor boy I will skin you alive!'She said in a low and dangerous tone, one could clearly see from where Min yoongi got his intimidating glare from.
Taehyung shuddered and looked at hoseok who look like he had seen a ghost.
'Clear?' She asked and both the boys nodded vigorously.
'Good..now come have lunch' she said smiling like nothing happend, before turning on her heel and walking towards somis highchair.
'So that plans off the table' hobi said looking at her arranging the table, still looking a little bewildered.
'Yep..' tae sighed. 'I really wish I could just talk to minnie..'
Hoseok looked at the younger apologetically ' I know...' and hugged him close.
'We will see what we can do..'

************
JIMINS POV

"Minnie..." my grandma calls
"Ya grandma..' I say lifting my head up to see the look of concern she was giving me. It made me feel guilty that I made all of them worry so much...
I have been avoiding everyone as much as I could wanting some time to myself to gather my thoughts. The phone call from my mum and all the drama that was surrounding my life was just too much now. I didn't want to answer questions and get looks of pity, it was the last thing I ever wanted. So I mostly spent time listening to music, doodling some sketches on my sketch pad and eating with grandma in her room where I also slept cuddling with her. Her presence was comforting to me...her sweet voice and warm embrace helped me heal. Made me feel at peace and away from all the voices in my head which made me feel lost.
' baby...'she called with a small smile. 'Can you help me go down stairs' she continued.
'If you needed anything you don't have to go down stairs, I will just go get it for you grandma...' I say helping her out of her room.

She shakes her head ' I want to go down stairs..its been a while since the both of us have spent some quality time with family' she says. I nod, feeling uneasy...i have been trying to avoid seeing my father, I felt that maybe the way I shouted at him was a bit unnecessary .

As we reach the living room, everyone is present and I smile at aunt and uncle who looked anxious. I see my father look at the ground unable to meet my gaze, i didnt know why but he looked just as miserable as I felt, maybe it was my imagination.Yoongi looks my way with a small nod and somi immediately reaches out to me.
'OK! Now that everyone's here I think I can get the dessert.jiminah it's your favorite!' My aunt winks at me as I take somi from her arms.
I smile as somi who looks a little sleepy,snuggles close to my chest.
We sit uncomfortably on the sofa as silence surrounds us while waiting for my aunt to return. I sigh in relief as my aunt gives me the bowl of pudding, impatient to escape the awkwardness of the room.

I hug somi as she eats from my bowl sitting comfortably on my lap sometimes feeding me with her spoon. She flashed her gummy smile everytime I ate, getting excited.
Uncle junghoon clears his throat getting my attention and looks at all of us..
'I think we are ready ' he says confusing me...I look at my grandma questioningly..
'Minnie we got you a small surprise..' my grandma said looking excited.
I frown in confusion as I see my aunt smiling so wide bearly containing her excitement as she quickly takes somi from me.
'What surprise..' I ask confused as everyone smiles at me.
'Well...' my aunt said.' You told us how you are passionate about designing clothes and miss being able to spend time alone with your sewing machine, so....' she smiles as my uncle junghoon grabs something from behind the couch.
'We got you a sewing machine!' My grandma said as my uncle handed me the nicely wrapped parcel.
I blink back my tears as I look at the small sewing machine, running my fingers gently over the cardboard.
'Its Portable and small' yoongi hyung said with a smile.
' so you can take it back to the states with you if you want' he continued.