Chapter 5: Tragic Marriage

Okay, an authors note. from the comments made a few chapters ago, i have decide that this book will have no romance whatsoever,but you guys can still comment characters you want me to write stuff with,and they will be under the category for special chapters. Special chapyers play no part and are not involved in the storyline,they are just to quench your thirst for them....i guess. the number of special chapters will depend on the number of requests,and you can comment here on this chapter or pm me,its all okay. I wont be mentioning any names of the people who requested,for their privacy. So the number special chapters will be up to the number of requests. Please dont just scroll by and ignore this, i will be really sad nad awkward haha.

but anyways,with all these put aside, lets get ready for a heart breaking chapter!

☂︎

It was finally the day for their marriage.

With this marriage, the humans and elves would be reunited and brought together.

The baby that Tetia and Licht would have will be the bridge for the peace we elves have always longed for, and for the many generations onwards.

You walked beside patolli, who was also heading to the place that the marriage was going to be held.

He was the same age as you, and also one of your closest friends.

"Yo, you seem pretty unhappy about this marriage." you observed as he looked at you, then looking down to the ground.

"Why? Scared that Licht's attention would be on Tetia and his child and no longer on us?"

He ignored you, but you could tell he was embarrassed.

"You jealous?" you teased, as the pointed tips of his ears turned bright red.

You laughed as he stared at you in oblivion.

"Your ears!" you exclaimed through your laughter as he covered his ears, but that only made you laugh more.

He smacked you a couple of times, and really, after a couple times, you finally calmed down.

"But. With this marriage and the baby healthily delivered, we too, will be more busy. We will be able to explore the places we never managed to visit, we will be able to have more freedom. Peace will finally come, and we would not be so burdened by the humans, thinking that they may attack us. Think about how kind Lemiel and Tetia are. Give them a chance okay?"

With that, you ruffled his neat hair tied in a low ponytail as he pouted.

"Why the hell do you sound much older than you are?" he asked as you gave a hearty chuckle.

"I'm just stating facts that you will be able to think of when...." you trailed off as he looked at you.

"When?"

"When you finally accept them, and have the heart to give them a chance."

His eyes widened as he looked away, knowing what you stated was correct.

The both of you walked to the pavilion, seeing the rest of the elves there already.

Finally, after a long time, they arrived.

You felt happy, seeing them happy.

And being the dramatic person you were, tears flowed out of your eyes, as you clasped your hands together, trying not to cringe at how in love they both were.

Lemiel and Secre were both not there surprisingly, and it made you quite worried. But you knew he was a Prince and Secre was his assistant. So it would be understandable that they were busy. Right?

You pushed the nagging feeling at the back of your head, enjoying the wedding as they exchanged vows.

When they were done, all of you started the celebration, surrounded by the joyous mood.

You were relieved and excited for the future they held, the hope the represented.

Suddenly, the joyous mood stopped.

It all happened in a blur.

The joyous mood changed to one of shock, betrayal and terror.

You felt your mana get sucked, as arrows pierced you. Not just any arrows, but arrows made out of light magic.

You lay on the floor, bleeding and helpless as you watched, with your own eyes, the rest of the elves, elves that you called your own, fall.

They screamed, they shouted for help, to no avail.

They fell to the ground, with light arrows pierced through them, blood splashing through them.

The metallic smell and taste sat on your tongue, as you stared, eyes wide in horror.

You felt a foreign presence, one of deep hatred and dispiteful mana.

You could feel that prescence's mana, bubbling in joy.

Through the constant spinning of your head, you tried identifying the mana source.

It didn't belong to an elf, neither did it belong to a human. And one that would fit the description?

A devil. A demon. One that would send you bubbling in utter disgust and it was dispiteful.

You watched, as Licht held his wife, or supposed wife, Tetia, as Lemiel and Secre arrived.

Your whole world came crashing down, drowsiness seeping into your veins as your eyelids felt heavier.

I'm sorry. So sorry.