Chapter 12: Get Your Shit Together

۞

You stopped in your tracks without even turning around, asking, "Why are you following me?"

The blonde male, who was now officially the Wizard King, jumped out of the shadows as he faced your back, and the both of you stood in a dark narrow alley.

You had purposely came here so that you could talk to him privately.

"I just wanted to know what the Ancient elf does in his free time." he shrugged as you sighed.

"So you figure out huh?" you asked, knowing there was no hiding anymore. He may seem gullible and easy to fool on the surface, but you knew better than that.

He hummed as you looked up at him, your eyes scanning his whole clothing which mainly consisted of a red robe.

He squinted his eyes, trying to see your face but was unable as your hat covered it up.

"Congratulations on becoming the twenty-ninth wizard King, by the way." you congragultaed as he nodded.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" you asked, staring at him.

Footsteps then sounded at the streets of the alley as you sighed.

"Let's go to a bar or something." he suggested as but you sighed. "No need for that. I'll just use my magic."

With those simple words that left your mouth, he beamed.

"Domain expansion: infinite void."

Those four words left your lips as the both of you were surrounded by a white void, as purple and red lines darted from behind you to julius in unbelievable speed, before the both of you entered your domain, which was filled with white, and different shades of blue.

Juilius stared at you in awe and shock, wondering how the hell you did that and what the hell it was.

"This is the inner world of Limitless." you introduced, taking a few steps closer to him.

You tilted your head up, as he shivered in slight fear at that wide creepy smile that rested on your lips.

"What was that? What magic was that? Domain expansion? That's so cool!"

You waited for him to finish blabbering in silence and when he finally did, you ordered. "So now, tell me what you want. I advice you to speak the truth, for I can control anything or anyone in this domain of mine, and that includes you."

Your light blue eyes glinted in bloodlust as he winced, moving a few steps back.

"I want you to join the magic knights."

You almost choked at his lame request.

"What? Join the magic knights? One filled with selfish mortals? Are you kidding me?" you spat, questioning him.

"I think that you would be a good addition to the knights. And isn't what you do the same as what magic knights do? Protect." he foolishly stated.

"Wow. Had you really been turning a blind eye to those stuck-up nobles of yours? Protect. That word rolls out your tongue with such ease and confidence. Are you really sure that value is part of all the magic knights you recruited? Are you blind or do you need me to dig out your eyes?" your remarks made him wince as you took a breath.

"Before concerning yourself with my business, please do concern with your own. You may be the wizard King, you may have what seems to be the strongest affinity. I warned you before, didn't I? Those foolish mortals running their mouths everywhere, making promises they could never fulfil, letting those whom you call peasants live in false hope of a better and brighter future. If you really are a Wizard King, you shouldn't be here, caring for someone else who doesn't need your help or concern. Focus on your job. Focus on your role. Are you leading the kingdom the way you want it to be? Are you sure that everyone is satisfied? You are what proclaimed to be the strongest mage. The strong protect the weak. Not waste their time doing shit. "

You took another deep breath, walking closer to him as you stared into his eyes.

"Don't get such a high-head with your current achievements. Have you heard of the word ambition before? If you hadn't, go ask those peasants in the church. I bet they have bigger and more meaningful ones that you have now."

"And as for this topic of me." you continued, "You know who I am, you may not know my abilities, but do not underestimate me. Making false assumptions as such can allow you to make grave mistakes. I warned you, hadn't I? This domain you are in is mine, a world of limitless. You should be grateful I hadn't killed you yet. I will come and go as I please. Buck up and open your eyes to see all the things you hadn't bothered looking into before, and most importantly, change them. Use your authority for the right and more meaningful things, not to threaten me and try and get things your way with it. Then, when you think you've done what you can do, then come find me. When you think you're done, and everything else is already out of your reach, then waste your time on me. "

"Don't concern yourself with me and what I do. I'm not a foolish elf like you humans that will be made into your strongest weapon. I'll come when I'm needed, or when I want to. You as the wizard King. Please grow up, and learn the duties of a wizard King, and serve what you think is best, not for yourself, but the rest. "

Your sarcastic and harsh lecture, or what you would like to label as a small tad-talk ended there, with Julius stuck there filled with regret, as your tad-talk sure did give him a loud wake-up call.

"When you can fix yourself, come to me. Then I'll treat you like an equal."

With that, you dispersed your domain and left, leaving Julius alone once again, in the dark, narrow alley reflecting on all he had done.