Chapter 10: Julius Novachrono

☘︎

Julius Novachrono. The current leader of the grey deer guild, and also the next-to-be wizard King, in fact, the 29th.

He was a complete magic geek, and it fitted well that he didn't really have to worry about his own, since his was proclaimed the strongest.

Until he found out about yours.

He had always been curious about you, wondering what type of magic you, an immortal and ancient elf that helped so many would have, and how no one has ever seen you. Questions as such kept him awake at night, wondering and trying to figure you out.

He spent hours he should have been doing paperwork finding traces of you, hoping to meet you.

You were well-known, for being the last ever elf, and with that being said, part of the community that was living in the Clover Kingdom before they all died.

He knew not to assume the full story of what had happened, knowing that fake assumptions may lead to grave mistakes.

But almost everyone knew you from books. Books passed down from generations, a piece of paper that you wrote down in currently placed in a well-protected place that held information to prove yourself when time comes.

But he was still curious.

And he even snuck in to the current wizard King's castle just to read that piece of paper.

Your handwriting was neat, and he understood what you wrote with no problem.

But you had just simply stated that you loved blue roses, and you had pointed ears like an elf did.

And seriously, everyone knew about the latter. It was just.....too obvious, that no one even knew whether you were pulling a prank of some sort.

From books written by people of close relation to the people you knew, they figured out your name, but nothing else.

And that clue sure messed up his brain as he walked on streets, looking at every person who walked pass him for someone that looked like a Louis.

It was ridiculous, yet everyone was used to his weird habits.

His two most trusty members, William Vengeance and Yami Sukehiro, knew nothing of it either, and were forced to ask people around for clues or anything.

All they got was news that they wished something from him and it happened, or that ridiculous requests were ignored, if not, was that they saw the first every blue rose in their whole lives.

Neither of them ever saw any, as they were pretty sure such roses didn't exist.

In fact, no one knew that they existed until you went by.

You constantly lay clues around, that he couldn't figure out, as if playing a game and having fun seeing them all rage at being unable to locate you.

But everyone knew you were a good person, and hoped that someday you too, would reveal yourself and your true identity to the world.

Elves were known for their pale hair and pointed ears, which was probably no human had them naturally grown either, even if they tried convincing others they did.

And he was almost at the end of his line.

He strolled along the streets of the kingdom he called home, with people greeting him as he waved back.

He needed some time alone to think, for he had become stressed too, with his duties as the next wizard King, the grey deer captain and also the nagging excitement to meet the ancient elf, you.

He moved to an area that was more secluded, the roofs of the houses.

It was said that blue roses were often spotted on people's rooftops, and perhaps he would clear his mind sitting at where you liked sitting at.

The sun slowly setted, as the buzzing people slowly went back to their homes, the lights turned off as the kingdom went to sleep.

You sat there on the roof he stood, beside him.

You could hear him wishing for someone to tell him what he should do, to allow him to focus again.

And you too, could feel that he was a good person.

"You should take a break." you spoke up, as he jolted back in surprise.

He observed you, from the big hat on your head with the netting behind, to your clothing which your whole style was different from anything he had ever seen before.

It was truly a sight to behold.

He gaped.

"Since when were you here?" he asked, watching as you showed no signs of moving.

Through the moonlight, he could see your well-designed big red hat that had a translucent black cloth attached to the back and the two red strings connected to bells and the clothes you wore, along with the many rings on your fingers. He stared at your shoes, then your arm guards, then your clothes. He was fascinated by you. From the way you dress, all the way to who you were.

"I was here all the while." you replied, breaking the silence of the night.

"Oh. I didn't see you. Who are you?" he continued, feeling his curiosity perking up.

You gave a tired sigh.

"I'm just a mere traveller you shouldn't concern yourself with." you responded, shutting down his idea of knowing who you were.

But he didn't give up either and instead, pushed on. "I'm Julius Novachrono. Captain of-" "Grey Deer Magic Knights, next to be Wizard King right?" you interrupted as he looked at you in shock.

"You should probably stop your squad mates' constant bragging and blabbering. If a traveller like me already knows so much about you, if an attack were to happen, you may be at the losing end." you advices him as he hummed.

"But...since you know so much about me, I want to know something too!" he exclaimed as his eyes sparkled with curiosity.

"What's your magic affinity?" he continued as he stared at you, digging holes at your hat and the translucent cloth at the back attached to the hat that covered your face and features perfectly.

You looked up at the moon as you sighed again, feeling him bubbling with excitement.

"Well, I would advise for you to leave your thoughts and curiosity for the ancient elf or whatever you call him for later. He will reveal himself, when the time comes of need,so I advice you to not involve yourself in him. As of now, he works in the shadows, protecting the weak and doing what he does. So just wait. He will continue watching and helping you."you stated as he pouted as you ignored his previous question.

He could feel your mana, which felt mysterious and stronger than his.

And he was curious, having been told by almost everyone he met that his magic, time magic, was the strongest affinity.

You then stood up, your wooden heels clanking on the roof as you looked away.

"As for your previous question..." he looked up at your figure from the back.

A smirk formed on your lips.

"That for me to know, and for you to find out."

And with that, you disappeared, leaving him all alone, with a blue rose at where he last saw you.