Chapter 13: Take Care Of Them For Me

The four year-old ash grey haired male ran to his church as he slammed open the door.

"Asta!" his seemingly brother, yuno sobbed.

"I'm back!" he exclaimed, as the hustling of sister lily and father orsi stopped.

"Asta! Why are you back so late? Do you know how worried we were?" sister lily shouted as she continued placing the dishes on the table and arranging them.

"I met a really pretty person!" he exclaimed in excitement, extending his arms out.

"Hmmm? How did he look like?" father orsi joined in the conversation.

The four year old boy dug his brain for how he looked, but to his surprise, he couldn't remember how he looked like. The only thing he remembered clearly was the big red hat, with fancy designs.

"I forgot! But he had a really big hat though!"

The rest laughed at him, seemingly enjoying his childishness as he scratched his head and shrugged.

"I'm glad your safe, Asta." the black haired boy commented as the said boy nodded.

"I'll definitely be safe, Yuno!" he promised, not defining the extent of 'safe' as an empty promise was made that night.

You stood at the top of the Wizard King's castle, the highest point in the whole kingdom.

The night view was surely a sight to behold.

The whole kingdom had gone to sleep, and just by looking, you could easily tell that.

Only a few lights shone in the darkness of the light as you looked up in the sky, enjoying the peace you managed to get.

The kingdom seemed so small under you, so unprotected, and so silent. Only the chirping of some late night insects and birds were heard, along with the soft jingles from the bells of your hat as the wind blew.

You admired the fact that everyone was able to sleep so peacefully, without having nightmares made you feel so satisfied, yet so worried.

There were no magic knights patrolling around, much less people who were awake.

If the neighbouring kingdoms were to attack no, they would be done for, especially if you didn't help.

You sighed, yet feeling the solitary and peace fill your heart, and memories spent with the elves flashed in your mind.

Your lips curled into a warm, fond and longing smile, reliving those experiences through memories that you kept.

Your fingers fiddled with the rings on them, finding a comfort in doing so.

Suddenly, you felt weight on your shoulder.

Turning your head slightly, you saw Secre standing on your shoulder.

"Ah. Hello, Secre, long time no see." you greeted as she nodded.

You turned back to the view of the sleeping kingdom.

"Pretty right? The peaceful night view of the kingdom I once called home." you continued, despite knowing that this was a one-sided conversation as she wasn't able to talk to you, as a bird now with the curse on her.

After a few hours of peaceful silence, the sun started to rise again, as a new day came.

"As you take care of Lemiel's statue, please take care of the Ash grey haired boy. He holds fate that may change the world along with the other boy he is growing up with. Make sure that he never gives up on himself. Even if that may not be plausible for someone like him. " you entrusted to Secre as she flew off, carrying your wishes she promised to accomplish.