Chapter 8: Wanted

♔︎

Finally, after around five hundred years or so. You had lost count, living your life as an immortal being in the body of your twenty year old self that was permanent.

Your features had sharpened and matured, and you too, had grown taller.

You were dressed in clothing that consisted a few colours, red, black, white, purple and gold.

It was nothing like what you used to dress in, and your shoulder length white hair was tied in a low ponytail.

You showed no signs of being an elf, except for your identifiable pure white hair and pointed ears.

You were quite feminine, with pretty and soft features any girl would dream of. Yet, something about you screamed boy. Even if it was only you who said so yourself.

Your rings were still there, and has never been taken off from the moment you put it on.

You had a big hat on that wasn't actually very heavy. In fact, it was quite light.

It blocked the sun and also helped to cover your features a bit. It also helped distract people who managed to catch a glance of you from identifying you.

Before you left, you spread out that there was still an elf who was living and was immortal, as if any time comes and you need to show up, things wouldn't be so complicated.

But things don't always turn out the way you want it to be.

This foolish mortals started worshiping you, thinking you were an immortal god that would bless them with what they wished.

And, for some reason, you could hear their wishes whenever they wished for you.

Hence, you worked in the shadows, helping those who needed it, and ignoring those who didn't.

You were like a shadow, working behind the scenes.

You felt the duty and responsibility of it, weighing and tying you down to help them, especially the poor commoners who the nobles and royalty labelled as peasants.

It was unbelievable, how a kingdom, that was once so peaceful had evolved into such.

A place filled with hatred and envy, filled with disgust and distaste for one another.

You knew that many commoners would do anything to trade places with the nobles or royalty, to live their life in lavish and luxury.

And you too, knew how much the snotty nobles and royalty despised the commoners, treating them as pest and dirt, showing no such sympathy whatsoever. They couldn't even bare being in the same place as them, breathing the same air as them that they labelled as dirty.

But you, you were stuck with your fate to protect, to protect the good from the wrong, and to watch over them all.

You sat on the roof of a house, one leg extended while the other bent, with one of your arm resting on it and the other on the surface of the roof, supporting yourself.

It was boring, watching all these people walk through the streets, smiling and laughing like they had no stress, like there was no bad in the world.

You felt frustrated, that they would never understand one like you, how you felt.

But at the same time, you wanted them to have that innocence, to protect those smiles and future of theirs from being ruined by tragedy. You didn't want them to be in what you've been through, to feel what you felt through, and to know all that you knew.

You had visited all over the world, yet a few hundred years will never be able to be enough for that emptiness inside you to be filled, or for you to ever understand the cruel ways of the current society.

You were an old, immortal being who was trapped in the past, and needed someone to pull you ahead. But with your lack of socializing, you knew that that was just something that you could dream of, until someone willingly approaches you without being freaked out.

As a strong, powerful indivisual, you helped many people, you did many things, yet some things you left to their own.

Some things were meant to be, after all.

You watched at the dark tribe, led by a group of devil-possessed individuals who craved the thirst for battle, take over the spade kingdom. You watched, as the loyal servant fled from the kingdom with the rightful Prince all over to clover kingdom, as you gave him a hand and caught the baby before he fell to his death.

You packed the baby outside a church that you knew would take good care of him, passing by the other one, which gave you a whole different vibe.

But, opposites attract after all.

Your presence was like an angel's. It soothed the cries of those to babies who were unaware yet so aware of their fate that lay. Both came from families where tragedy struck, but were still to young, too clueless to understand.

They held on to you, as you sang a lullaby, wishing them a good rest as the sun rose, and you crept back into the shadows.

You watched, as generations of the Faust family practiced and tried making deals with the devil, begging you to come save them when they failed.

You sat at where they didn't suspect, watching them die off one by one.

You watched as each wizard King came by and go, leaving their own legacy behind for the next one.

You watched, as mages were given birth who brought miracles to battlefields, protecting what they felt was right, and protecting what they loved.

You took a deep inhale of the air, the air that once smelled so much like grassy fields, like freshness, now filled with magic and modernisation.

Those humans, who once had little to none of mana, now overflowing with mana, and now being judged by the amount they had.

Was mana really produced for this fate, to be the thing they cherished the most, yet the thing that kills them, and the last thing they see before they take their final breath?

Still, those humans didn't change, they believed in gullible lies, and even got worst as generations passed by.

You watched as the sky became dark, rain pouring as the lightning and thunder clapped.

The people hurriedly run back to the safety of their home, closing the doors and windows, keeping their things from the outside.

It seemed as if they hated the rain so much, closing their windows and shutting their doors, rejecting them without them even asking.

The rain fell onto your hat, and fell onto your pale exposed long legs.

The winds blew pushing the leaves away from their trees, their homes where they once belong, and off to places they were foreign to and didn't know.

The humans slammed their houses, locking themselves in the comfort of their homes.

In your hand that ringed so many rings which in lay so many memories, held a flower, your favourite flower.

A mysterious blue rose.