Chapter 17: Not The Same

Your eyebrows were arched in certain degree, furrowed slightly as you sighed, pondering your little thoughts.

The solitude of the night sky no longer seemed to exist, for the appearance of another you longed-yet didn't wish to meet aroze.

Your gaze was kept in the oceans of darkness, twinkling stars shooting like stray firecrackers.

"What are you here for, mortal?"

Your voice oozed off with authority despite its softness, the lack of energy you put into talking loudly seemingly a habit of yours. The male behind you stiffened, feeling trapped by things crawling up from god-knows-where-as if his own magic was going against him.

The fragrance of the blue roses in the night charmed him, lulling him into a loud silence, the pressure yet evident in the tension.

"H-He has things to say to you." was all that left his lips, a soft, hushed, painful whisper that scratched his throat.

You sighed, shutting your eyes close as you kissed your little patience goodbye, in hopes of retrieving it again. You felt the male's mana presence behind you change, change in a way that a new person was there, not fully physically, yet his consciousness was enough to change the appearance of the male before.

He pulled off the shiny helmet off his head, revealing the long, white locks that only those of the elf race had.

His yellow eyes held a twinge of sadness, yet slight determination too. Whereas your eyes were still shut close, for you were not yet ready to meet someone who you thought were dead.

You just couldn't accept the truth.

Your palms rested on the roof of a house, seated comfortably at the expense of someone's roof. He stood behind you, watching your seated figure with a gaze of sentimentality and affection.

"Louis."

He whispered, before tilting his head up to stare at the night sky. You bit your lip, afraid of what we're to come.

'No, no, this isn't the same person I know. It's not. It's not.'

You whispered it like a chant in your head, yet it was questionable as to how he broke it with a single word. Nostalgia and emotions pulsed through your veins, memories surfacing from the depths of your memories, opening the locks to used to kept them close with their own brutal force.

"Louis." he repeated, snapping out of your daze. "Please, talk to me."

You choked back your emotions that felt like pouring out, spilling and overwhelming the calm, cool-headed you.

"What do you want?" your question came out slightly harsher, making the male behind you flinch, not used to your cold, indifferent tone. You wanted to take it back, yet you closed your throat off the apology it could possibly make, deciding that this unsympathetic attitude of yours was for the best.

His heart dropped, lips parting slightly. "Will you join me?"

His question made your heart go into a complete frenzy, for you knew exactly what he meant. You took a deep breath, recollecting your broken pieces of thoughts, gulping as you recalled the chat you had with him after the meeting with the magic Knight captains.

"Please, Louis, Fana, Rhya, Vetto, they're all there. And if we succeed in our plan, the rest can also come back. Then we can live happily again. Do you remember? In our small hills our own huts. You can even-"

His persuasion was cut off by you harshly. "Shut up, Patolli."

He was slightly taken aback by your words, its cruelty making him pause.

Yet, as if he never heard your warning, he continued, seconds after his shock.

"Louis. We'll be able to get back what we had before. We'll be able to get revenge on the humans for killing us all. Don't you remember? Licht? Drowa? Leve? Ronne? They'll all be there-"

Yet what he didn't expect was for his voice to suddenly stop working, as if something was blocking it from coming out in his throat. You seethed in slight anger and impatience, the calm facade you held on running thinly.

"I already told you, Patolli, it's not what you think. The humans didn't betray us. They never did." you whispered, still trying to keep your cool for it was in the night, and there were mortals who were sleeping.

You could feel his resistance against your dominance, his suppression to your mana that felt as if it were suffocating him.

"You are just too much of an idiot to not listen to me." you continued, hoping that you could explain the full story in hopes of changing his mind. Yet what you didn't expect was when he used his own mana against yours, creating tension in the air-one that could be powerful enough to destroy the house you two were sitting on, and those nearby.

You retracted your mana, pulling them back into your the pools of it in you as you sighed.

"Stop protecting those humans. You are merely delusional right now. Have you been hanging around too much humans lately? Are you perhaps brainwashed by them already?" his words pierced through your heart like sharp swords, stabbing into you.

An empty chuckle then left his lips, his eyes glancing to your hands that were slightly trembling on the surface of the roof, his eyes catching the glimpse of those rings you wore, in memory of them.

"Well I guess you do miss us then, seeing those rings you have kept with you over the years."

Your eyes widened, tears welling up in them as your lower lip trembled.

"F-Fuck you." the stutter was inevitable, and it made Patolli smirk in satisfaction he thought as though he had finally pulled you into his hold, allowed you to succumb into the truth and join him once again.

You pulled your hands together, tears streaming down your cheeks in silent dwelling, angrily pulling the accessories you had swore to wore every day of your life put of your fingers. You threw it at him, allowing the metal to get into contact with the material of the roof, clanking as they dropped onto the ground.

"If you want them back so much, just say it. Stop trying to guiltrip me into joining you. I'm telling you what you believe in is wrong. If you do not wish to believe in me, then do not come back to me in regret. I swear, Patolli. I never knew you were such a guy until today. Using such dirty tricks to get your way. I'm disgusted by your behaviours and I hope you know what this means."

You paused for a while, adrenaline pumping through your veins as your own breath rang in your ears.

"I'm not joining you, Patolli. So take those rings you cherish so much and go. Leave me alone."

And just like that you left, leaving the male standing there, all alone, nothing but immense pain and regret flooding through his veins.

Afterall, who wouldn't feel the same way if they were in his shoes?

He had just lost a friend, and secondly,

The strongest pawn he could possibly get his hands on.

---
SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SO LONG KSHDKDJ MY EXAMS JUST ENDED SO I WILL START UPDATING ALL MY BOOKS FROM NOW ON AND UH I KINDA NEED HELP TOO

What should his magic be??

I'M SO CONFLICTED AND IM PRETTY SURE I HAD THOUGHT OF ONE FOR HIK BEFORE BUT I FORGOT😀

PLEASE SUGGEST SOME YAY THANKS