Chapter 9: Useless Knights

✈︎

You were bored and tired, sipping on the fresh packet of milk in your hands.

As you finished the packet, you squeezed it as you threw it into a nearby rubbish bin, the people who saw it looking around like they just saw a miracle happen.

They sure had a lot of time and curiosity.

You were sitting on another human's house, a habit it was, for you to sit at high places and to observe what happened below with no one being able to see you, if most your shadow.

The roof was bloomed with blue roses, a thing that happened often whenever you felt like it. It was pretty, and it also left the people who noticed them knowing and comforting them that you were watching over them.

You sensed incoming mana presences, those that belonged to nobles who ahd more.

The commoners bowed in respect, as you clicked your tongue and looked away.

Those who called themselves magic knights, yet didn't uphold the value of being a magic Knight.

The name of magic knights, was just a pure label that overlooked who they were. They were weak, finding themselves in villages of commoners to find people to bully and people to pay respect to them.

They were practically useless, just being there for show and ruining the justice that actual magic knights deserved.

They were staining the title of magic knights, and everyone knew that, even if they spoke none of it.

They held their chins high and walked each step witv pride, through the streets of the villages, hoping to find joy and satisfaction in being honoured with their title.

It was pathetic, how they found joy in doing so, and how they were so self-centered and went around bragging of things they didn't accomplish, this that shouldn't be coming out of their mouths.

They used their title to press on those of lower status, using it as a rule to break free all rules, using it as an excuse for all mistakes they made.

They were useless, however, cowering at the sight of an enemy, being and upholding none of the values they spoke of.

People like them overlooked the values of being a magic Knight, seeing it as a title to get everything they wanted, and to live a life they could never live.

And those same magic knights.

Currently there was only three magic Knight guilds. Grey deer, led by a mage who had time magic, and was probably going to be the next wizard King. Silver Eagle, which was led by the Silva family, and Crimson Lion, led by the Vermillion family. It was ironic, yet so funny how Tetia and Lemiel's family name had split into two, two of great rivals who rivaled one another at every single small thing.

And, the only mission they all shared, was to bring justice to the right.

But, the only mission they were executing, was wasting time and trying to find me.

What did they think? They would find me and manage to brainwash me to become their ultimate warrior or weapon? What are they? Dumb or foolish?

You sat at where you were in silence, not moving as you stared into faraway.

Only those with stronger magic, who showed more potential than those useless bunch in the knights that occupied half the space could sense you.

You could cover your mana traced completely, but at the same time, you didn't want to. You left a bit hanging around everywhere you went in the blue roses you left behind your trail.

It was almost as if you were playing a game with them and it was almost funny to see them looking around for the next clue of where you had been.

You stood up, concentrating your a energy in your legs as you leapt up and ran off on the roofs of people's houses, travelling to where you were needed.