Chapter 14: Progress

☏︎

Years past by at a blink of an eye.

The magic knights have mainly changed for the better, and more guilds were made, in total, nine.

It was actually really productive, for all the members of the guild had respect for their captain in one way or another. Hence, when given missions they didn't like, they could only swallow their pride and do as they are commanded.

It was actually really hilarious, watching them clench their fists and smile at their captain, acting oh-so-good.

You had recently went to the spade kingdom, to drop by at where Nacht lived in.

The both of you were quite close, since you both had a mutual understanding of one another, having lost everyone you loved. Despite him not seeing you before, he said that he saw you as a brotherly figure, and actually enjoyed your presence, despite that being the only thing he could sense before you made a sound.

He was a man filled with regrets, and sometimes you felt quite bad, for he couldn't move on until he felt as if his sins have been relieved.

It has, it long already has, its just that he doesn't open his eyes to acknowledge that it has, neither does he want to.

He wasn't emotionally ready to face the truth yet, and he was waiting for someone who was free and bound from anything holding them back to save him.

But as for now, his personality is the result of his sufferings, and it may stay that way.

You knew it was probably time to see Julius again, for he had changed, not only in the way he led the rest, but he also became a better person.

You sighed, sprinting off rooftops of nobles, the clanking of the brick sounding as you travelled swiftly to the wizard King's castle.

He had wished, and called out your name, so you heard his wish.

It was simple after all, the way you were able to help or to know of people's needs. But, it was only when they did a certain thing.

The two boys in the church were fifteen this year, an age for them to get their grimore, join the magic knights and work towards their dream of becoming wizard King.

It was fine though, one being a Prince of the spade kingdom and the other having no magic, it would work out just fine, with their persistence, of course.

You have noticed that the souls of many elves had been passed down to people, meaning that those people held some kind of resemblance to those you once loved.

You slowed down as you reached the castle, the wind finally slowing down in flapping around you.

It was in the late evening, and barely any nobles or commoners were out of their houses.

You shot your empty milk packet into a dustbin, then picking it up as it missed.

You located the wizard King in his office and all the captains in another room where you supposed a small meeting would be held for god-knows-what reason.

You landed outside of the wizard King's office where only he was in, and his unlucky assistant.

You knocked on the glass window, sighing in slight impatience.

"Is that really him?" the blue mushroom hairstyled assistant asked, staring at his......unusual clothing.

They couldn't even see your face, for there was a big translucent cloth layered on the edges of your big hat, covering your whole face. There was a slit in the middle though.

The wizard King didn't respond, trusting him to actually be the one.

He opened the big glass window, moving aside as the male hopped inside, his footsteps light as the bells on his hat softly jingled.

You eyed the assistant, who looked at you in slight hesitance and suspicion.

Your left hand reached up to your hat as the assistant visibly gulped, sweating as if they were going to get killed by you in a matter of seconds.

You lifted up your hat as you pulled it off, the cloth lightly pulling along your hair as you rolled your wrist, as the hat left your head, held by your slender fingers.

Your gaze flicked up to meet the Wizard King's eyes.

You sighed.

"Guess I should reintroduce myself." you stated, extending your right hand as the wizard King placed his on yours and the both of you did a slight handshake.

"I'm Louis." you introduced.

"Julius Novachrono, and my assistant is Marx Francois." he beamed, light radiating off him.

You remained unfazed, your face remained stotic as you nodded, retracting your hand.

"Now, let's go meet the other magic knights captains." he stated as you nodded, putting on your hat again as you followed him and his assistant out of the office and into the other room.