Snippet 10

Sarada and Boruto talks.

-ꕤ-

Sarada leans on her chair as she finishes her last pile of paper.

That's when she heard a knock.

"Come in."

She looks up towards the door and-

"Boruto?"

Sarada's heart clenched.

It's been a month since they got divorced, her papa and brother were always finding ways on how she can avoid her ex-husband.

And to be honest, she's thankful for their efforts, she wouldn't probably survive the whole month without their support, bonus points for Lord Seventh and Auntie Hinata too.

But of course, Sarada knows well that this is bound to happen, but she didn't expect it to be this soon.

Boruto fidgets in his place. "L-lord Eight-"

"Just Sarada."

"Right...Sarada...are you...busy today?"

Sarada shakes her head.

So Boruto takes a deep breath. "Alright. I came to say that...I want us to have a proper closure."

"Okay..." Sarada leans on her desk to listen.

"First things first, I know what I did was wrong and that-"

"You could've confronted me about your feelings you know?"

Boruto winced hearing Sarada's voice.  "I know, that's my mistake, and i'm sorry."

An awkward silence.

"I'm sorry for not giving you attention too..." Sarada mumbles. This caught Boruto off guard.

"What? No! I should've understood your situation." Boruto started to ramble.

"Kami-sama, I even promised that i'd be your Shadow Hokage." He laments on the memory. Sarada said nothing, and so he continued.

"I've did enough self reflection this month, and...I know things won't be the same, so I'm not gonna ask for a second chance."

"I'm glad you know." Sarada smiles in relief. She still loves him, no doubt. But she doesn't want mistakes to happen again, she doesn't wanna get hurt again.

"Let's both focus for ourselves in the meantime, yeah?" Sarada says. Boruto nods in agreement.

"I'm...gonna go." But before he does, he hesitantly asked something.

"Are we...on good terms now then?"

Sarada thought about it for a long moment before giving him a slow nod. Boruto's shoulders relaxed, as he finally got to own up to his mistakes and have her forgiveness.

"Hey...Boruto?"

The blonde turns his head, only to see the Eight Hokage giving him a soft smile.

"Thank you, for everything up until now."

Boruto's heart clenched.

"Thank you too, Sarada."

And the door was closed shut.

Both new paths for both people.