Snippet 13

-❀-

March 28th

Sasuke looks at the calendar and sighs, it's that time of the year again.

He stands up from the sofa and gets ready to do his plans for the day.

Starting off by watering the plants in the garden, because Sakura would scold him if he forgets.

"Make sure to take walks from time to time!" He remembers her saying. Although he failed at making it a habit (he always preferred to stay indoors), he still tries.

And honestly, those rare times he goes walks, is where he's at most peace...but also heartache.

Sasuke didn't realize he's already at Ino's flower shop, the sound of bells jingling was heard when he opened the door.

"Hello, what can I hel- Sasuke?"

Sasuke nods his head in return as Ino stares at him, then realisation came. She gave a smile.

"Buying flowers for Sakura?"

"Aa."

"Say no more." And off she went to prepare his gift.

Sasuke wonders how Sakura has come to love the scent of flowers, he's never been fond of the smell, it makes him dizzy.

The only scent he likes is Sakura's-

"Here, it's on the house."

Sasuke's thoughts snapped as Ino gently gave him the fresh bouquet.

"Tell Sakura I said happy birthday alright?"

He gives a small smile, "Sure."

The closer he gets, the heavier his footsteps. He should be used to it by now, right?

Over and over, he went through the five stages of grief. Sasuke has come to terms with things like these.

It's been a decade, he already accepted Sakura's death.

But the longing stays, and he knows it's not gonna go away for a long time.

He reaches his destination to meet two familiar figures.

"Sarada? Sachirou?"

Both people looks at their father.

"Hey Dad!" The boy shouts, Sasuke then met gazes with his daughter, raising an eyebrow.

Sarada smiled, "Thought we'd come here early, it's a special occasion after all."

"We've beat you this time Dad, you always come here first every year!" the pinkette snickers, which earned a grin from the man.

His eyes landed on the gravestone between his two kids, he reads her name that is gracefully carved on the smooth stone.

For the nth time, his heart clenched (for how many times? He does not know.) and walked towards Sakura's grave to gently place the bouquet of daffodils he got earlier.

Both three Uchihas share a moment of silence, embracing the fresh breeze of the afternoon.

"Happy birthday, tsuma."

-

Hello did you miss me? (☝︎ ՞ਊ ՞)☝︎
It's been awhile since I made a snippet from this AU 😔
Although this is an entry for sasusaku month, I'll still add it here :D
I also have an idea in mind, so I hope I'd have the motivation to write that 😭