Snippet 11

Sasuke rants.

-ꕤ-

"How have you been?"

Sasuke sits beside his wife's grave, and gave her a poke, a habit he's been doing for the past 17 years.

He stays quiet for a moment...and he snapped.

"I'm tired, tsuma."

He leans his head on her tombstone.

"I'm tired of waiting, I just..."

A deep breath.

"You wouldn't be happy to see me like this." He chuckles. "Things has been...hard already. Sachirou's gotten...workaholic ever since he became a medical ninja."

His jaw clenched, because Sakura was just like that too.

"Me and Sarada have been trying to get him to take a break, but he wouldn't."

His voice shakes as he delivers his next sentence.

"He's been trying hard to prevent mothers from getting an infection after giving birth." Because that's how Sakura died.

When Sachirou knew behind her death. He's been devoted to take care of mothers after they've given birth. Sasuke just knows that Sachirou doesn't want kids to grow up without a mother...like how he did.

"I'm proud of him, really...but he's gonna miss out his teenage years if he keeps this up." Sasuke sighs.

"What would've happened if you never left, Sakura?"

He closes his eyes as a memory of her resurfaced in his mind.

"I miss you. So much."

Just take me already. I want to see you again. I love you, I love you, I love you so much that it hurts. Let's be happy together, please. Take me to you, take me home.

And yet, after all these years, he still failed to voice out his thoughts as he stares at Sakura's name carved in the stone.

"Star-crossed lovers..." He mumbles, "is what you always say."

He wipes his tears away.

"In another lifetime, would the stars favor us instead?"

-ꕤ-

To keep it simple, this snippet is on a 7 year timeskip in where Sachirou's already 17 and a medic ninja.

So it's gonna be a long while before this snippet gets adapted into a video.