Chapter Four

Over the course of the night, you non- stop talked to the boys. You learned quite a bit about them. They learned things about you as well.

You accidentally let it slip that you were moving to the U.K. You were meaning to surprise them by asking for help looking for a house. But this way was okay. It went down like this:

"So hey! Anyone doing anything fun for the rest of summer?", Brian asked.

"I'm going to play more shows with Smile hopefully", replied Roger.

"I'm going to move somewhere around here", you said, not even noticing it.

"I'm planning a camping trip", Tim said.

"Wait! Hold up! Y/N, did you say you were moving around here?", Freddie asked. Clearly shocked by what you had said.

Shit. You mumbled under your breath. How could you just accidentally say that without noticing it? 

"Um, yeah. I am. Not how I planned on telling you guys. But uh, surprise!", at the end you gave out some very fake enthusiasm. 

Everyone congratulated you and you tried your best to smile. Gosh, it was going to be wonderful to live so close to all of them. By now, it felt you you had been friends for years. Even though it had literally only been a day.

It was the morning after your show. Even now you couldn't stop thinking of how Roger looked at you. That put you in a good mood. You didn't notice it, but you had a small smile on your face. Then you thought of how it was your fault Roger was now single. Any trace of happiness you had was now killed. 

Instead of letting that bother you, you got up and made yourself breakfast. (your staying in a really nice hotel suite jsyk!) After you finished eating you ran a shower and got dressed into one of your favorite outfits.

You had nothing planned for the day and most of the boys said they were busy. You decided to visit Mary at the store she worked at.

After you called the taxi and made it to you destination, you quickly walked up to the doors. When you walked into the store, you stared in awe at everything. The whole shop was so, fancy. 

Your thoughts were interrupted by someone coming over to you.

"Can I help you look for something ma'am?", the voice sounded so familiar. "Y/N! Oh Y/N it's so good to see you again!", the girl proceeded to engulf you in a hug. It was Mary. Thank the heavens it wasn't some random stranger.   

"Hey Mary!", you said. It was nice to see Mary again, even though you saw her last night at the show. It was kind of abrupt how she left. Mary even had been acting  a bit down yesterday too. Something happened.

"Mary? How come you didn't come around the hotel with us last night?", you asked. She looked down

"You know what? It's almost time for my break. Besides it's been quite a boring day. Why don't we get a coffee, head over to your hotel room and then talk about it?", You agreed. You didn't feel like saying no since she seemed pretty upset yesterday.

Once the two of you had gotten your coffee's and were in the hotel room, you decided to finally ask her. 

"Mary, what was wrong last night. You didn't look okay?", this was starting to worry you. Mary had been such a happy and optimistic girl. 

She sighed. "It was Brian", that statement was met by silence.

"He and I broke up. He met another girl. A 'super sweet and beautiful girl' apparently", Mary just looked down.

"I'm so sorry Mary. I had no idea.", you knew your sympathy wouldn't work. But you tried anyway.

"Oh, it's fine. It wasn't working out anyways. Besides I'm more focused on your little love story", oh gosh. Why the hell was she smiling?

"My love story?", you asked in disbelief. 

"Oh yeah. Don't think everyone didn't see how Roger looked at you last night", you rolled your eyes. 

"Honestly, we are only friends. If we ever did get together lot's of problems would be caused", now it was Mary's turn to roll her eyes.

"Yeah, well when you too get married, I'll be watching and saying 'I told you'. Because well, i'm trying to tell you!".

"Whatever", you said.

You and Mary spent the entire afternoon talking and watching your favorite show. Still you couldn't keep your mind off of Roger. 

Only friends. You repeated that in your head. 

As nice and sweet as Roger was, a relationship between the two of you would end in a crash and burn. But it was a nice thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was little shorter than the last. Sorry, I didn't have much more to be said in this chapter. 

Just to let you know, sometime soon in this story there is going to be a major time skip. Right now in the story it's the middle of July in 1969. It's about to skip to 1972.

Thank you for reading! I didn't expect this many people to see this, so thank you!!!

- A.G.