Chapter Five

~~~TIME SKIP~~~ 

It has been four years (it's now 1973) since you were first introduced to Roger. Again, you were getting off of a plane. This time you brought all of your stuff that you needed to move. You had gone back to y/h/t (your home town). You went to gather your stuff and got into a college for two years. Now that you were back in the U.K., you were going to move into an apartment. 

It took you two weeks to fully get moved into the apartment. You had plenty of help for Brian, Roger, Freddie and Mary. You also learned a lot about what happened to Smile. The band has been renamed to Queen, and Tim left. 

The boys told you that he had left to join a band called Humpy Bong. Freddie became the lead singer and they got a new bassist. Their bassist's name is John Deacon. John decided to help you move in too, he seemed very sweet and a lot quieter than the other guys.

Over the past three years you and Roger have become really good friends. Mary of course still thinks that the two of you are going to fall in love. The problem is, you kind of are starting to fall for him. The last thing you want is to ruin your friendship. 

It's February 4th, the day before your birthday (change it if you want) and the day before Queen preform on the BBC to record a live album. They were playing to title the album "At The BBC". It was around 11 pm and Roger was over at your apartment. Right now you were telling him stories of these awful girls who also went to your college. 

"And then Charles kissed me right in the lunch room in front of everyone. Including his friend!", you said this with a small laugh. Roger looked somewhat amused because drama like this never happened at his college.

"So did you two date or something?", Roger asked, still with a little smile.

"Or something. It was pretty complicated. I'll tell you tomorrow", you said. It was getting kind of late and Roger had somewhere to be tomorrow.  

"Alright then. But I want a really good story, okay?" Roger said while laughing his adorable laugh. You smiled. 

"Yeah it'll be quite the story", you were worried to tell him. The story wasn't good, and you didn't want to worry Roger. 

"You okay?" Roger asked, taking you out of you thoughts.

"Yeah i'm fine. I guess those stupid girls are getting to me", you replied. You were talking about the girls that plotted against your relationship with Charles. Even though it didn't last long, they were bitches through the whole thing.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Roger asked.

"Well, I mean. Those girls seem so perfect, and that's more than intimidating. But it's over now and I plan on never crossing paths with them again", you felt more confident saying it than you actually did. They did seem perfect, which didn't help you since they already had been bullies.

"Well, try not to think about them okay? I've got to leave, I have to be at the BBC at 12:30 tomorrow. I'll stop by before I get there, sound good?", Roger was being so sweet. In response you nodded. 

Roger pulled you into a hug. Just within that hug, it was enough to make you melt. Everything about it. Everything about him. You smiled to yourself knowing that you had such a great best friend.

"Yeah that sounds good. Bye Rog!", you said, while walking him to the door. He waved bye to you and you reciprocated his motions. 

The Next Day

You didn't get woken up nicely on your 23rd birthday. No breakfast in bed or anything nice. It was a very brutal wake up actually.

The first thing you felt when you woke up in the morning was the impact of another human being. More specifically, the feeling of Roger jumping on top of you. That meant he had stood up on your bed, jumped a bit, then threw himself aggressively onto you. (This sounds incredibly sexual i'm so sorry.) 

After that harsh wake up Roger decided to sit in bed with you for a little. Fifteen minutes through your conversation about basically anything that came to mind, Roger got up and made you breakfast.

"Happy birthday Y/N!", he said while carrying a plate of (your favorite breakfast foods). You smiled and thanked him. You looked over at your alarm clock to check how much time Roger had left.

"Hey Roger don't you have to get going over to the BBC soon?", you asked not wanting him to be late or miss it.

"Ah shit yeah. You're right. I'll be back later today. Well, I must be off. Take care of yourself angel. Happy birthday Y/N!", he said while hugging you. 

"Bye Roger! Have fun!", you replied while getting up to walk him to the door.

He turned around again before leaving and hugged you again. You smiled. He seemed nervous but you shrugged it off because he was about to go over to the BBC. But that wasn't it. It was what he did next.

He leaned in and kissed you. You didn't have time to react so you just stood there. Before you could say something, he had already left. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for that cliffhanger! I just had to! I couldn't resist! But the next chapter should be juicy and interesting. Also, i've gotten more comfortable with using cuss words. That's probably not a good thing, but it's Queen and they curse a lot.

Anyways, thank you for reading! I'm shocked that so many people have read this! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

~A.G.