Chapter Nine

Freddie declined for going out to lunch, but that didn't stop everyone else. Roger was taking you in his car. Brian and Chrissie would be taking John and Veronica in Brian's car. 

The band had to finish getting everything cleaned up before leaving. You sat down on one of the couches with Chrissie and Veronica. You had known Chrissie for about a year and Veronica was a new acquaintance. After Chrissie had introduced the two of you, the three of you started talking about your favorite stores, movies and shows.

"Alright, I think we're done now. Y/n, you ready to get going?", Roger asked.

"Yep I'm ready. Bye Chrissie and Veronica see you in a few minutes!", you called out to the girls.

Roger walked you out of the studio and to his car. When you got to the car Roger opened your door for you.

"For you ma'am", he said while gesturing you into the car.

"Why thank you sir", you replied with a little curtsy. Roger laughed at your silly antics and shook his head a bit. 

Roger got in the car then turned to you. 

"Do you know what restaurant they said to be at?", Roger asked.

"No they didn't. But I can run back in the house and call to ask", you replied. 

"Okay so Brian said the same cafe we ate at the day after we met", you answered. Roger nodded. 

You and Roger spent the whole car ride talking about the album his band was recording. Roger was really excited about it.

"Enough talk about my band, what's going on with yours?", Roger asked. 

"My band. Uh well, we've been playing some in some clubs and bars lately. We even have performed at book clubs!", you gave out a light laugh. So did Roger. 

"We definitely aren't doing as good as your band. But we have made progress!", you said while giving Roger a smile.

"Your day will come. I promise", he said while grabbing you hand and kissing it. You both exchanged smiles.

Once you arrived at the restaurant, you looked around for Brian and the others. After you had found them it wasn't long until three different conversations started up. Brian and Roger were talking, John and Veronica were talking, and you were chatting with Chrissie.

Not long after you and Roger arrived, the waiter came to take drink orders. 

Conversation was a fairly easy thing at the table. Everyone was at the very least, decently good friends with everyone. 

"So Roger", Brian said announcing it to the table. Everyone looked over at Brian and Roger. 

"You've been awful talkative about a specific person", Brian said while smiling. He thought he would make Roger look like a fool. It sort of worked too. Roger's face had broken into a lovely shade of light pink. 

"I, uh, yeah I guess I have", Roger replied while taking a nervous sip of his drink. 

"Is there a reason why?", Brian pushed on.

"Yeah", Roger mumbled, starting to get pissed off with him.

"What's the reason?", a smiling Brian asked.

Roger looked over at you, as if asking for permission. No one at the table knew that the two of you had been going out. You nodded your head reassuringly, giving him the signal that it was fine if he said it.

"Uh, Y/N and myself, uh. Well, we uh. We've been. Uh, well, you see", Roger clearly was struggling to say it and i pained you. You crossed your legs under the table and rested an arm on your leg. You rested your head in your one hand too.

"We went out on a date last night", you blurted out. All of Roger's mumbling and stuttering was annoying you. 

The whole table erupted into a swarm of "I knew it would happen", "Congratulations, and worst of all the suggestive, "Did you guys have tons of fun". 

Chrissie was sat next to you, so instinctively she hugged you. You and Roger just sat there smiling awkwardly and blushing like mad. Every now and then exchanging glances that said "Please help me", then followed by smiles.

"So, are you two dating now?", John asked, breaking the cheers.

"Uh, well it's only been one date. We barely know if we enjoy being romantic partners", Roger replied and you nodded in agreement. 

The rest of the lunch was spent talking about Queen's album. With it still being February and still most of the album to record, they had no plans of releasing a single yet. 

After enjoying a nice lunch and talking to friends, everyone was ready to leave. Everybody said goodbye and walked to their cars. Roger was taking you, but neither of you knew where to go. 

"Where should we go? Do we need to go to a store? Do you want to go to one of our houses?", Roger questioned.

"To answer your questions; I don't know, no, and we can head over to my apartment I guess", you replied smiling at your best friend.

"Sounds like a great plan"

The arrival to your apartment felt wonderful. From the day being sunny, it had gotten rainy halfway through the drive. You put your bag down and started making yourself some tea. 

"Do you want some tea Rog?"

"Sure, sounds lovely y/n/n (your nickname)", Roger replied while taking a seat on your couch.

After you finished making the tea and both you and Roger drank them, both of you had grown quite tired. 

You were sitting shoulder to shoulder on the couch. You got up for a second to put away the cups from the tea. When you came back, Roger had laid himself down and was now resting his head on the arm rest on the couch. You smiling, seeing as though he had fallen asleep. 

You laid yourself down on top of him lightly. He was facing towards the ceiling and you towards him. While putting your arms around Roger's tummy and resting you head on his chest, you felt at home. Not just because you were at home, but because being with Roger was comforting.

Roger rose he head slightly to see you sleeping . He smiled to himself and started to gently sing Hold Me Tight by The Beatles, causing him to slowly drift off in the process. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading this!!! 

I noticed I have over 200 reads? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I didn't think anyone would read this!

I truly hope you like this story! Tell me what you think I could improve on or what I did a good job of in the comments please.

~A.G.