Chapter Fourteen

Another beautiful week had passed and the weekend was upon you. Roger had just gone through a long week of planning out shows with the band and was worn out. According to him, there was a show on Friday that he really wanted you to attend. So, without fail, you agreed.

The show would be at a place called The Rainbow, and the footage was going to be filmed and the audio would be recorded. For the band, this was a pretty big deal, especially since they weren't very well known, this would help them gain a larger following.

"So, since your coming, you get to come backstage with me", Roger smiled.

"That's good. You need to be escorted with a chaperone at all times", you laughed, "I'll protect you", you pinched his cheek.

Roger let out a soft laugh and shook his head at your playful comment.

You sighed, "So this is like the place where The Who, Pink Floyd, and David Bowie have played?", you asked.

"Yep", Roger said, sitting up straighter and fixing his shirt. "It's the real deal", he smiled.

You smiled back at him proudly with a light laugh. His face was so calming to look at, and his eyes were hard not to drown in. He was the embodiment of an angel, and you knew it. You wish he knew it too, but no one ever truly knows their real beauty. But others can see it and fall so easily in love, which is a beautiful thing.

Roger picked you up from your position on the ground to put you in his lap on the couch, stroking your hair. You leaned your head back a bit to rest on his shoulder.

The morning had been a quiet one, and both of you were thankful for it. The sunlight had been softly shining through the curtains in the sitting room, where you and Roger were sat. It was just the two of you talking about his upcoming gig.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'- Time Skip To Friday -'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

"Are you ready yet love?", Roger called up the stairs to you.

"Yes! I'm on my way down!", you called back. "Do you have your drumsticks?"

"Shit! Let me go grab them", he started running up the stairs, passing you who was running in the opposite direction.

After each of you had gotten everything you needed, (which had taken longer than expected) you hurried out the door so he wouldn't be late.

"Y/N this is so exciting! I'm so glad you get to come to see it", Roger said while gently resting his hand on your thigh.

He had made you drive in case he 'had a nervous breakdown or panics too much'. No matter how much you reassured him that he'd be fine, he insisted on carrying on without paying any attention to what I had just said.

You smiled at him. You knew he was more excited than nervous. When he was nervous he would fidget with something, but right now he was bouncing his leg. That was something he did when he felt anxious about something, in a good way.

Once we arrived at the venue, we quickly hurried to the dressing rooms so he could get all dolled up for the show. 

"You wait here in the lounge room, I'll be back in 20 minutes love", Roger left, leaving you with a kiss on his cheek.

You took a seat on a couch and looked around waiting for Roger to get done. Brian stopped in when he saw you sitting down and he greeted you with a smile.

"Hello, love! Glad you could make It tonight!", Brian's smile was warm enough to light a fire. "Guessing Roger is getting all pretty in the dressing room?".

"He already is pretty," you laughed, "But yes, he is".

For a moment the two of you as in comfortable silence as you let a few minutes go by. But that minute was cut short by Brian clearing his throat.