Chapter Seven

You looked into Roger's eyes. His beautiful, sparkling, gorgeous blue eyes. You didn't want him to say anything, but at the time he had to say something

Roger sighed. You looked down. That scared you. What if he was going to say it was all a mistake. or what if he wanted you to be his girl for one night. Ever since he and Josephine broke up, it was a new girl every night. Apparently that's how it was before he met Josephine too.

"Y/N", he said, your eyes now shifting to meet his. Roger seemed panicked for a second. He sighed again before smiling.

"There's definitely something between us, you know", you nodded in response. You smiled a little at him.

He looked at you in the eyes with a more serious face. 

"I don't know if this is too early, um, but", he sighed yet again. "Y/N, do you, uh, want to go out with me tomorrow? Like for a date?" 

"Roger, it's not too early", you said with a smile on your face. "Yes i'll go out on a date with you!"

Now both of you were smiling. You threw your arms around Roger's neck and hugged him. Once you pulled away from the hug, you kissed his cheek.

By now it wasn't still your birthday. It was 1 in the morning the next day. You and Roger both noticed.

"I've probably got to get going now. It's really late", Roger said.

"You can stay if you want. I wouldn't want you to drive home when you're this tired. I have an open room if you want to stay here", you offered.

"Thank you Y/N. I'll stay in your extra room", Roger replied.

After you had gotten Roger new sheets on the bed, you laid down in your bed. You smiled to yourself thinking about how happy you are that Roger asked you out. Oh, this would be quite the story to tell Mary! Your thoughts were soon interrupted by sleepiness. From there, you were out like a light.

The Next Morning

You woke a lot more peacefully than yesterday. Instead of being jumped on, you woke to the smell of food cooking.

Why is Roger making food for you in your house? He's the guest, not you. Not like you were complaining though.

You got up and walked out of your room and into the kitchen. You saw Roger standing by the stove making bacon and cooking some tomatoes. On a plate nearby you saw that he had already made some eggs. 

"Good morning", you said to Roger.

He turned around and smiled at you. "Good morning to you as well Y/N. Would you like a coffee or tea?"

"Tea, please", you said. Roger nodded and turned to get you some tea. You smiled, you liked seeing Roger being so nice.

"Tea for you miss Y/N", Roger said while placing a mug of tea in front of you.

"Thank you Rog", you said, while moving to sit on the stool in front of the counter. Roger finished putting food on two plates and sat one down for you. He took the seat beside you, and the two of you ate breakfast talking about nonsense. 

"Alright, I best be off. But, i'll be back at 4 this afternoon to pick you up for our date. Don't get into too much trouble okay?", Roger said while taking his dishes to the sink and gathering all his belongings.

"Okay Rog. Thanks for breakfast" you pulled him into a hug.

"Yeah no problem Y/N".

Once Roger had left, you cleaned all of the dishes and put them away. After that you sat down and turned on the TV putting on a random movie. You then remembered that you never told Mary about any of this. Quickly, you ran to the phone and called Mary.

"Hello?", Mary said into the phone.

"Hey Mary, it's Y/N. Can you come over now?" 

"Sure. Are you alright?", Mary asked.

"Oh, i'm just wonderful today!", you said in a cheery tone.

"Okay i'll be there in ten minutes. Don't get weirder please", Mary said, clearly worried about your health.

"Yeah no promises. See you soon", you hung up.

Approximately Ten Minutes Later

"Oh Mary! Good you here! I've got a good story to tell you!"you had way too much fun jazzing up this story. It just got you so happy that he finally asked you out.

"You can say it Mary", you said.

Mary looked so incredibly confused. "Say what?".

"I told you so. You can say I told you so. To me", you put it simply.

"What does that mean?".

"Oh my gosh! You forgot!"

"Um, apparently so. Y/N, could you just say it out to me?", Mary looked like she was getting a headache from confusion.

"Roger asked me out last night" you said. Mary gasped and smiled.

"Oh, but that was only after we shared another kiss", you said, saying it as if it happens all the time.

"Oh good! I'm so happy for you Y/N! Wait. When's the date? What time? Where are you going?", Mary asked looking frantically around the room.

"The answer to your questions won't be plastered on the walls, Mary. The date is today and he's picking me up at 4. I have no idea where he's taking me but I plan on wearing something casual. I can dress myself Mary, but you can look through my closet if you want", you knew she would want to help get you ready. You still had two hours until Roger would be back to get you.

Mary suggested you put on a movie. So you and Mary watched a movie that was on the TV. After it was done, you still had 30 minutes to get ready. According to Mary you 'don't have enough time', but you'd be fine.

You put on a pair of non - ripped mom jeans and a plain white t- shirt. Since it's February you put a black coat on too. Mary left a little before Roger said he would come.

Right on time, Roger knocked on your door. 

"Good afternoon Y/N", Roger said while smiling.

"Hey Rog", you said, smiling at his sudden gentlemen act.

"Are you ready?", Roger asked. You nodded, and Roger took your hand leading me out the door. 

Instead of taking his car, Roger walked you to a warmer part of town. A grassy field with a few flowers and dandelions. It was away from lots of people and very remote. There was a brick wall that surrounded an abandoned cottage. 

"Take a seat Y/N", he said. You sat on the grass and looked at the beauty of the place. Roger walked around the corner of the wall. When he came back, he had a guitar in his hands.

He started to play a song that sounded awfully familiar. You knew the song immediately when he started singing. 

"Hold me close and, tell me how you feel. Tell me love is real. Words of love you, whisper soft and true. Darling, I love you. Let me hear you say, the words I long to hear. Darling, when you're near. Words of love you, whisper soft and true, darling, I love you",  Roger sang to you.

You hadn't realized it but you were crying a little. Roger had just sung a beautiful and romantic to you. Not only that but, he sang the words 'I love you', straight to you.

Roger put his guitar down and pulled you into a hug.

"I love you Roger", you said, while hugging him. Your face buried in his chest, and your arms around his neck.

"I love you too Y/N, so much".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awww, that was sweet! I hope you enjoyed this! 

Please don't comment how "it's only their first date and their saying I love you"! Guys, you have to remember that they've been friends for 4 years now. They've had plenty of time to fall in love. But by them I mean you and Roger.

Thank you for reading!

~ A.G.