Chapter Ten

When both you and Roger had woken up it was around midnight. You both had agreed that it was stupid to go back to sleep when you both didn't feel tired. Instead of sitting around awkwardly, (like you had jokingly suggested) Roger decided to turn on the television. 

Nothing great was on, so Roger put on a random movie. The two of you watched the entire movie out of pure boredom. By the time it was done it was almost 2 in the morning.

"Do you want to go to sleep or should we find something to do?", Roger asked you.

"I don't know. I'd like to find something else to do", you answered.

Roger sighed. 

"You okay?", you asked.

"Oh yeah I'm fine", Roger answered while rubbing his chest. You looked at him with disbelief. 

"I know you better than that. You can tell me what's going on", you said while rubbing his shoulder. 

"It's just", he sighed. "It's hard to balance spending time with you and being at the studio. I know it'll get worse with the band getting better. But I don't want us to drift apart or for me to fall behind with work", Roger said, now looking at you.

"It'll be okay. Trust me. We did the same thing when I went to college back in the states. We grew closer then, than we did when we had been face to face. And, it's not like you'll be gone forever"

"True. Besides, I could always bring you along me", Roger said with wink.

With it still being late at night and both of you getting tired, you decided to go to sleep. Instead of staying on the couch, Roger carried you bridal style to your bed. He laid you down on one side, and himself on the other. 

"Hey, Y/N?", Roger asked. You hummed in response.

"Will you be my girlfriend?", hope filled his eyes.

You smiled. "Yes Roger I will be your girlfriend", you pulled him in for a kiss. Roger happily returned the gesture.

With that, you and your new boyfriend fell asleep in each other's warm embrace. 

RING, RING, RING

You woke up to the sound of the phone ringing, and got up to go get it. You didn't see Roger but assumed he was making breakfast. 

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon love. I hope I didn't wake you", the voice was Rogers. 

"Oh you didn't wake me", you lied. The clock said 2:17 p.m. You slept longer than you had thought, despite falling asleep at 2 in the morning. 

"Good. Well i'm in the studio right now, we're working on the album. If you want to come on down you can", Roger offered.

"Oh no, that's fine. I'll stay at home today. Maybe I'll go to the store", you replied.

"Well, okay. I can come by around 6, if that's okay with you?"

"Yeah that's fine with me. I'll probably have dinner done around then. Should I plan on making more food for you?", you asked your boyfriend.

"Sure why not? And if I don't eat you'll have lunch for the next day", Roger laughed a little.

In The Recording Studio 

"Roger what's wrong with you? You've done nothing but laze around and if your not doing that, you're talking about or to y/n", Freddie inquired. 

"Yeah, well as of last night she's my girlfriend so...", Roger trailed off.

His band mates gave him "ooooo" and "took long enough", which were returned with eye rolls.

"Well good for you Roger, but we need to work on this album", Brian said while resting his head in his hand. 

"What's wrong Brian?", Roger pulled Brian over to the side. 

"We need to work on this album Rog. Okay? And I'm happy for you and Y/N, but you also need to focus," Brian explained.

"Is that it?" Roger asked.

"Y/n is like a sister to me, break her heart and I break you", Brian said in the most calm, threatening voice. 

"Alright sir, none of that heartbreaking you speak of. But, we have a record to work on", Roger nodded to his friend in reassurance. 

"Alright sir, time to keep working on that album", Brian said while mocking Roger's nod. 

For the next three hours the band continued to work on the album. They where exhausted and decided to call it quits by 5:00 p.m.

"Hey how about we go over to my place and get a pizza?", John suggested. 

Everyone agreed. Brian had picked all of them up earlier that day and offered to drive them to John's place. 

Back at Your Apartment

It was going on 7, Roger should have been here about an hour ago. You thought maybe to call him or one of the boys, but decided against it. You didn't want to bother anyone but you started to worry about Roger.

You finally got up from your seat at the table and called Roger's number. No answer. 

You tried calling the recording studio to see if he was still there. The receptionist said they had left 2 hours ago. 

Where could Roger be? You called Brian, and when you got no answer, you called Freddie. The only person left to call was John. 

You dialed John's number and waited. 

"Hello?", you heard from the other line.

"Hi John, it's y/n. Is Roger there?", you asked.

"Yeah, I'll get him for you", John replied.

"Thanks"

"Hey", you could hear Roger's smile through his voice.

"Hey Rog. You were supposed to be at my house an hour ago. What happened?", you asked.

"Ugh, I totally forgot. I'm so sorry baby. I can come over now. Is that okay?", Roger asked with guilt.

"I don't want to take you away from your gathering at John's house. It's fine, we can meet up another night, okay?", you reassured him.

"Okay love. I'm sorry, I really am", Roger sounded so guilty that it hurt you little.

"I told you, it's okay. Goodbye Roggie, I love you", you said.

"I love you too, y/n/n", Roger said in reply.

You knew he was sorry, it was audible when he spoke. You also knew that Roger would never want to hurt you. He loves you too much for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, I'm back again!

This chapter took way too long to write. Around six days to be exact. Sorry about that.

I hope you like this book to stick around to the end. I have so many good things planned. 

~A.G.