back home

It had been almost a year since you had last seen your fiancé, Patrick, since he had been on tour with his band, Fall Out Boy, And today, you were finally going to see him again. The last concert had been in LA, so Pete, Joe and Andy were already at home with their families while Patrick got a flight back to Chicago so he could come home.

You were beyond excited. You missed your fiancé, and everything about him. The way he smelled, his always soft skin, but most of all, the way he hugged you. You hadn't had a hug from him in nine months, and you were almost starting to forget the way it felt. It had gotten to the point where you were crying yourself to sleep because you kissed him so much. You knew he was coming back, but you just hated being without him.

Especially in a big city like Chicago.

There had been a murder near your house right after Patrick had left, which had cussed you to not be able to sleep for days. You had called him during that time every day, but you were still scared for your life, and he was as well.

So him coming home today was going to be a huge relief. You really couldn't live without him for very long, that was certain.

You had been waiting at the airport all morning, because Patrick had called last night and said he'd be home by most likely by noon.

However, the hours passed, and so did noon, and the hours after that, and Patrick never came.

You had texted him a few times, but guessed he didn't have his phone with him on the plane. Yet, you couldn't help but begin to worry.

What If something terrible had happened?

Six o clock came, and you were starting to be hungry. Deciding that he probably wouldn't show up while you were gone, you got up, and started making your way over to the small coffee bar in the airport.

"Y/N?" You heard someone call behind you.

You lifted up your head, then turned around.

"Patrick.." You Said quietly.

Patrick dropped all of his bags and ran over to you, hugging you tightly.

"Y/N...I missed you.." he said.

You hugged him back, tears streaming freely down your face. "Patrick.." You Said again. "Are you okay?"

"I'm great, now that I'm home.." he said, then kissed you on the cheek, and sighed. "I missed you so much.

You took off his fedora, and ran your hand through his hair. You missed how soft it always was, and how it always smelled good.

He laughed a bit.

"I missed your hair." You giggled.

"You didn't miss me?" He fake pouted.

"Of course I missed you, you dork." You Said, wiping the tears from your eyes.

He reached over and held your face in his hands gently, then hugged you again, burying his head in your hair.

You patted him on the head, then kissed him on the cheek.

"Let's go home."