the (after) life of the party

Patrick walked, you beside him, in the pitch black night.

He just needed a minute to get away; from the band, working on the album, and his responsibilities.

At the time, Pete, Andy, And Joe were partying. They were so confident that they would make it after this album came out.

Patrick, however, was not.

You had decided to follow him, seeing that look on his face he typically had when he was upset.

So now, the two of you just walked side by side, in complete silence.

"So, Patrick.." you mumbled. "What's up?"

He sighed, walking over and sitting on a bench the two of you came up on.

You did the same, scooting close to your friend. "You okay?"

"It's just...they're partying.." he said quietly. "What if we don't make it? Sure, our last two albums were hits, but this one? What if they take it differently? It could ruin all of this for us."

"Come on, Patrick." You Said. "The album rocks."

"What about the cover?" He asked.

"What about it?"

"A sheep?"

You laughed a little. "Now I think you're just overthinking it."

"Not everybody was taught to not judge a book, or album, by its cover.." he said.

"Patrick, listen to me." You Said, looking into his blue eyes. "You'll make it. And you'll be okay."

He took a deep breath, nodding. "You're right.." he said. "I should stop worrying. Right?"

"Exactly." You Said. "You've been working too hard."

He nodded again, and you stood, walking over to the railing where there was a view of the ocean.

"California is beautiful." You sighed.

He stood, coming over. "Well, it's pretty.." he said, then shrugged. "But Chicago is better."

You laughed a little. "Yeah, you're right."

He looked down at you, seeing your eyes gleam in the moonlight.

His breath hitched in his throat a bit, and you looked up at him.

"What is it?" You Asked. "Are you okay?"

He swallowed. "I'm fine." He Said quickly.

You turned to him. "Patrick, you look kinda pale, do you wanna sit down?"

Suddenly, he just looked you in the eyes, then leaned in and kissed you.

You blinked your eyes in surprise, then began kissing him back, reaching your hands up and wrapping them around him, pulling him closer.

He brought his hands to your waist hesitantly, deepening the kiss.

The both of you pulled away, looking each other in the eyes.

"I-I'm sorry.." he stuttered.

"No...thank you.." You mumbled. "I mean, that was great...I mean.."

He interrupted you by giving you another peck on the lips.

You turned red, smiling a bit at him.

"Y/N?" He Asked quietly.

"Y-yeah?"

"I think I love you." He said.

You took a deep breath. "I think I love you, too.."

The both of you looked out at the moon, reflecting beautifully off of the ocean.

And the two of you just did that for the rest of the night.