i wanna scream 'i love you'

I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs
But I'm afraid that someone else will hear me

You stood, the wind blowing your hair this way and that as you gazed out at Lake Michigan, a small smile.

With the sun setting, the lights of the city shone beautifully on the water, creating a beautiful scene.

You loved Chicago. This City was meant for you.

It was beautiful compared to all those small rural towns that your parents raised you in. They never felt right. You just didn't belong there.

Here, in this beautiful city, you felt at home. You belonged here.

You held on to the railing, leaning forward a bit, and taking a deep breath.

"I love you." You Said. To the city, of course.

Except, you had no idea that there was some guy next to you.

"Me?" He asked awkwardly, confusion clear on his face.

Your heart literally leapt out of your chest. You turned, your eyes meeting a pair of blue eyes.

"I...um...I was talking to the.." You mumbled, then motioned toward the city, feeling your cheeks blush. "Chicago.."

He chuckled a bit, looking at his feet. "I kind of guessed that."

You laughed a little. "Yeah...sorry, I'm weird.."

"I doubt that's true." He smiled a bit at you, before holding out his hand. "I'm Patrick."

You smiled, taking his hand. "I'm Y/N." You said as you both shook hands. "Are you from here?"

He nodded. "Born and raised."

"Oh, cool." You Said.

"You?" He asked.

You bit your lip, sighing a bit. "I only moved here a year ago after finally getting away from the stupid farm town my parents had me grow up in." You Said. "Sadly, I guess Chicago isn't in my blood. I was just drawn to it."

Patrick smiled a bit, looking down. "Well, maybe that means that you do have Chicago in your blood."

You chuckled. "Maybe.."

The both of you looked up at the lake at the same time, just gazing at it for a bit.

"I swear," You Said. "I wanna scream 'I love you' to this city."

He was silent for a moment, then shrugged. "Then do it."

You looked over at him. "What?"

"Do it." He said, looking at you.

You laughed a bit. "That would be weird."

"No it wouldn't." He said. "Watch."

He drew in a deep breath, then leaned over the railing a bit.

"I love you!" He shouted, though it wasn't actually that loud.

You started laughing.

"Your turn." He said, smiling at you.

"Come on, really?" You Asked, still laughing.

"Yeah, it's easy." He said. "Come on, Do it with me."

He took another deep breath, and you copied him.

"I love you!" The both of you Shouted, making people who walked by look over at you confusedly.

You both burst into laughter, and you looked at Patrick as he laughed.

You felt your heart skip a bit as you watched him laugh. You hadn't realized it before, but he was really cute, actually.

He had reddish hair and sideburns, and he wore a grey hat and a black sweater.

He saw you looking at him from the corner of his eye, and turned to look at you, his eyes meeting yours.

You looked down shyly, your cheeks turning pink. "So...um...Patrick.." you mumbled, looking up and seeing that the sun was now mostly set. "I should really get home.."

"Oh.." he said, looking slightly disappointed.

You bit your lip. "Do you have a phone number or something?"

"Phone number?" He asked. "Um...yeah, yeah I do.."

"Can I have it?" You Asked, smiling at him.

He nodded excitedly, and you pulled out your notepad from your cross-body bag along with a pen.

He recited his number, and you jotted it down on the paper. You smiled as you looked at it, then put it back in your bag.

"Talk to you later, then?" You Asked.

"Yeah." He said, smiling. "It was nice to meet you."

You nodded. "It was nice to meet you, too, Patrick."

You both smiled at each other, and then you turned, beginning the walk home.

After you got a ways away, you heard something in the distance, and couldn't help but smile.

"I love you!!"

I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs
But I'm afraid that someone else will hear me