missing you

Patrick had been away on tour, and you missed him terribly. Normally while he was home, the two of you were constantly cuddling, but he had been gone for months. You had never gone so long without feeling him, and you were starting to feel so lonely without him. This had been one FOB's longest tours, and you knew it wasn't ending anytime soon.

Also, to top all of that off, you had started having nightmares a few months after Patrick left. You would wake up, screaming for him, but when you came to, you realized he wasn't there. Occasionally, Patrick FaceTimed you when he got time, and seeing him always made you want to cry, since you couldn't reach out and hug him.

Tonight was one of the nights that he FaceTimed you, and you were so close to losing it as he spoke.

"Then Pete jumped off the stage and lost his bass.." he continued. "It was really funny, though."

You smiled and nodded, tears beginning to fill your eyes.

"Honey, What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"I miss you.." you said, sniffling.

"At least we only have, er...three months.." he said, then sighed. "That's too long."

"I know.." you said.

"At least when we see each other again, it'll be extra special.." he said, smiling weakly.

****

"Patrick! Patrick!"

The man chasing you in your nightmare was so close to you now, almost catching you when he reached out, but his fingertips only brushing your arm.

"Patrick!"

You woke up and looked around the dark room, your breathing heavy and your heart pounding out of your chest. You looked at Patrick's side of the bed, and tears filled your eyes. You snuggled back into your pillow, quietly sobbing until you eventually fell asleep.

The next morning, you woke up and your face was wet with tears; but at least you had gotten a full night's sleep.

You got out of bed and looked in the mirror, and but your lip. Patrick being away was really messing you up.

You went into the bathroom and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, as you weren't going anywhere and didn't have to impress anyone. Afterwards, you went downstairs to grab some coffee. While you poured yourself a cup, you noticed something odd;

One of Patrick's fedoras was laying on the counter next to the coffee pot, and one of the fedoras he took with him to be exact.

"What the.." You started.

You turned around, and looked into another pair of eyes, and dropped your coffee cup.

"Patrick.." You Said.

You ran over to him, and he hugged you tightly, burying his face in your hair.

"I missed you so much.." he said, squeezing you as though he hadn't seen you in years.

You laid your head on his shoulder, tears falling freely down your face. You were so shocked with him being home, all you could say was, "Patrick.." again.

"I'm right here.." he said, rubbing your back.

"How?" You Asked.

"I told the others.." he said. "We've ended the tour for now, we can finish it later."

He kissed your cheek. "Maybe we'll take you along?"

You smiled. "I would like that."

He buried his face in your hair again, taking a deep breath. "I missed your smell."

You pulled away from him for moment, and cupped his face in your hands, tears still streaming down your face. He reached over and cupped your face with his hands as well, then leaned in and kissed you.

"I promise, I won't leave you again." He said.