cozy

You jumped awake, startled by a loud noise in the kitchen. Not wanting to go out and investigate, you turned to wake your husband Patrick.

But he wasn't in bed with you.

"Patrick?" You called out, slightly nervous that something happened to him.
Suddenly, you heard crying.
"Oh no.."
You got out of bed and ran into the kitchen, to see Patrick sitting on a chair, trying to comfort your newborn baby.
You sighed in relief, and he looked up at you. "Oh, hey Y/N." He said, then went back to calming the crying child.
You smiled. "Thanks for getting up and taking care of her."
"You were sleeping so soundly." He said. "I'm Sorry I still woke you up, though."
"It's okay. Are you alright?"
"Yeah. I just dropped a pot." He said, then smiled a bit.
"Here. I can take her." You Said, walking over. He handed you the baby, and she stopped crying.
He laughed. "I think she likes you better."
"Nonsense. She'll warm up to you." You Said, planting a kiss on his forehead. "You're the best dad ever."
"And you're the best mom ever." He said. "Tell you what: I'll go make a fire, and we'll cuddle a bit while she falls asleep."
"That sounds amazing." You Said.
He got up and gave you a kiss, before going out to the living room. You grabbed the bottle from the microwave and fed the baby, and a while later, Patrick came back in.
"All done." He said.
You went into the living room and sat on the couch. Patrick wrapped a blanket around  the three of you, and you laid your head on his shoulder. The fire warmed the whole room, and the three of you were sleepy and dozing off occasionally. This was perfect to you. Patrick gave you a little kiss on the cheek.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
He then kissed the baby. "And I love you." He said. "I love you both with all my heart."
You looked up at him and smiled, and he held your hand and squeezed it lovingly.
After a while, the three of you fell fast asleep, warm and happy in each other's arms.