Chapter 8: I'll help you

He read the note over three times and chuckled out.
"I think I really did speak with an Angel. An Angel called Y/n...."

Y/n p.o.v.

After a very rough two days at sea, I made it to XXX island. I had to fight so much shit on the way here like this overgrown pet lizard. He was pretty violent, but in a way he reminded me of Garfield and the boys. Maybe when I set foot on this island I'll give them a call or something.

The island was so big and busy, nothing like back on the mountain. There were food stall brimming with well...food. Oh damn those fried chicken skewers be looking delectable. The way the light shines on that golden glaze makes it almost look holy. Without even realizing I bumped into someone.

They sorta kinda flew a few metres back from impact. But then got up almost immediately and ran towards me. "Ma'am, I am so so so so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you. Are you hurt? Did I ruin your day? I should just bury myself in the ground right?" He was speaking a mile a minute. I didn't get half of what he was saying. He looked like a complete pushover, well natured yes but he lacked a thing called a backbone.

I put up my hand in his face and he quickly shut up. "Hmmm I'm fine but if you wanna make it up to me why don't we hang out for the day" just because I was a hero doesn't mean I'm not gonna take advantage of a chance to get free food.

His face poofed a shade of pink " L-L-Like a d-date?" He stuttered out.

"Hangout" I deadpanned back. I really don't see where he got date out of. I know I'm an attractive potato, but a date on the first meeting. Nuh Uh.

"right.... Um what's your name Ma'am? Mine's Haru (he doesn't actually exist i made him up for this specific arc)" he sounded depressed at the start but his mood lightened at the end. "Y/n" was the short answer I gave.

"Y/n oh that's such a beautiful name for a beautiful lady" he gushed. Disgust was evident on your face. "Don't flatter me, you little shit" you muttered out. 'this is gonna be one hell of a long day'.

To be honest the day wasn't that bad. It was actually the most fun you've had since you left the island. Sure that's not saying much because it wasn't that long ago, but still. You got to know a lot about the guy. Like he was a young swordsman and he was gonna enter the tournament and something and something else. You zoned out after the first 20 words.

He looked so happy talking you didn't have the heart to tell him to stop much to your ears demise. You guys were on your way to a bar now. It was getting dark and what better way to spend an evening than with alcohol.

————————————————————————————
When you both entered the bar it was noisy and loud. But what did you expect there were pirates here. Taking your seats at the bar stool you ordered. "I have some sake" Har said trying to sound tough, he made his voice deeper and talked slower.

"And Miss what would you like?" The bartender turned his attention back to you. You though a bit and decided to ask for their strongest drink. You didn't know if the drinks were called the same here and there is as much a chance as it raining in hell that you would embarrass yourself like that. "I'll have your strongest alcohol please" you said politely.

"Miss are you sure? because that would be The Devil's Nectar. I highly do not advise such a drink for a young lady like yourself" he has worry laced in his voice but it only pissed you off. Just give me what I asked for and we'll be done. "Sir. Did. I. Stutter?" The temperature in the room decreased tenfold while you were talking. The room silent. The only sound that could be heard was the irritated figure of yours repeatedly tap the counter.