03 | Surprises

Today was a regular day, except the fact that the Right Arm would move towards the Safe Haven the next day. Vince decided it would be best to move at first light. Everyone agreed to that.

Esmerelda sat with Sonya in their tent. The brunette thought it was the perfect time to talk to her. The first thing she did was grab Sonya back towards their tent, after breakfast announcing she needed to speak with the blonde.

Sonya followed Esme towards their tent, wondering what she wanted to talk about. "Is something wrong?" The blonde wondered, observing Esme's nervous expression.

"I'm sorry!" Esme blurted out, eyes wide. Closing her eyes after a few moments. Taking a few deep breaths, she opened her eyes and continued on. "I'm sorry Sonya, I like you, I do. I mean you're a great girl and all, but-"

"But, you can't love me." Sonya cut in, now understanding why Esme came to talk. "At least not the same way you love Gally." It wasn't a question, it was more of a fact.

As much as Esme hated to admit it, it was true. There was no way she could move on from Gally anytime soon. She loved him.

Nodding her head sadly, she was quick to reply. "I am really sorry Sonya. I never meant to lead you on."

"Hey, 'El, breathe I'm not upset or anything. I'm sorry too. I know how it feels to miss the person you love. I guess I also used you as a rebound."

Esme looked at Sonya sympathetically. She knew how much she missed Aris. "I promise we will find Aris, okay?" This caused the blonde to look at her surprised. "Yes, I know you like Aris, by the way you two look at each other it's not that shocking, Sonny."

The two girls laughed and hugged it out. They were both glad they ended on good terms. Hearing someone clear their throat, they broke apart looking towards the opening of the tent.

Vince stood there, smiling softly at the girls. "Hey, I came to let you two know there was a call, informing us about a group heading towards the mountains. Some of the others went to go check it out."

Sonya looked at Vince, then to Esme, back to Vince. "All right. Thanks, Vince."

However, the other female stopped her, noticing an expression on Vince's face. One she couldn't recognize. "Sonny, why don't you go with Harriet instead."

"Are you sure?" Esme nodded, pointing her head towards Vince before replying with a small 'Be careful'. Sonya agreed, and left the tent meeting up with Harriet and the others.

Esmerelda watched Sonya's retreating figure before turning back to her father figure. "Okay, what's wrong with you?"

He looked at her in feign hurt before sighing, knowing he had been caught. "I'm just worried and scared for you." Noticing her confused expression he carried on. "I mean you have been through so much. Yet, you're still willing to try to fight and help others. I admire you for that, but I want you to be safe."

"Dad, I'll be all right. I'm not just trying to help myself. It's for Leo, Eric, those who I've lost. For you. If it helps, i'll be with you the whole time." The brunette smiled warmly at him.

Vince laughed. "Well, maybe not the whole time. God knows where you randomly run off to. I mean, at least I know Leo is eating near the bonfire,"

They shared a laugh. "But, i'll take what I can get. Now, let's go back to my tent. Eric and your brother are there waiting for us, we need to start mapping out some more."

Standing up, they both found their way towards Vince's tent. Greeting the other two kids a little 'Hello'. They all started prepping for their move out.