01 | Train Mission

It's been six months. Thomas had a plan to save Minho and Leo. It was risky, but they needed to try. So, there they were. In the scorch, nearing the train that contained most of the kids captured by WCKD.

Esmerelda waited with Harriet for their cue. Brenda and Jorge needed to distract the WCKD workers who were flying the berg.

Esme was worried not only for Vince, but for Thomas. During the 6 months of planning, the two got along pretty well. "Come on, come on." The female brunette murmured quietly, hoping their plan would work.

The two girls noticed Vince and Thomas on top of the train about to separate the sections from each other. It was time for Brenda and Jorge to lead the berg, that had been following the two boys, away from them.

Jorge stopped driving and ended up in a small deserted area. The berg stopping right before them. "Step out of the vehicle, and put your hands up." The pilot announced.

The two sat in the car, glanced at each other quickly before slowly getting out of the car. Just as some of the WCKD soldiers had walked out of the berg with their guns up.

"Stop right there! Don't move!" Brenda and Jorge had their hands up, carefully taking one more step back. "Hey, I said freeze assholes!"

Jorge shrugged carelessly. "Whatever you say hermano." Brenda smirked, waving her fingers. Making the soldiers tilt their heads curiously. Triggering their trap, about four soldiers had fallen into the ditch that was made.

At the same time, Jorge and Brenda had taken out their guns from their holster. Frypan, Eric and a couple of the remaining Right Arm members had came out of hiding pointing their guns at the soldiers. "Y'all don't wanna do that now."

Brenda smiled at the two. "Hey Fry. Eric."

"Good to see you guys." Fry pointed his head towards the rest of the soldiers. "Go on back up"

Esme and Harriet had snuck into the berg on cue. The pilot had turned around, about to get out of his seat to help. Unfortunately for him, the two girls stood on each side of the man, cocking their guns placed on both sides of his head. "Hi." The two smiled innocently.

•••
Jorge had driven the rest of the Right Arm members on the berg towards Vince, Thomas, Newt and two others. "All right boys! We're here!"

Brenda jogged to the back of the berg, lowering the crane for Thomas to attach to the train. "Come on!" Thomas jumped up and grabbed the crane and attached it, with the help of Newt.

"All right we're clear!" Eric voiced out to everyone on the berg.

"Okay, we're going up." Jorge stated, starting to fly the berg up and towards their hide out.

"Vince! Get up here!" Newt shouted, noticing the older man still not up yet.

Quickly, just as the crate was being moved up, Vince jumped onto the ladder, crawling up on top. They had done it, they saved Minho and Leo. The berg was flying away, making the WCKD soldiers start to shoot at it, however there was no use.

Esme turned to Eric and Frypan smiling widely. "We did it!" She let out a breathless laugh. The two boys nodded opening their arms out for her to give them a quick hug.

•••
The whole group ended up in their hide out, where the last of the Right Arm members had stayed. Dropping the crate down on the plain concrete, Thomas was the first to get to the door and open it.

Walking inside he took notice of how all the kids had their hands locked up. Then it was Newt, Esme, Harriet, and lastly Eric.

Thomas first walked up to Aris, Sonya next to him. The sandy haired boy had a large bruise on his eye, and scratch marks on his face. "Hey Aris, you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine."

"Jesus."

Harriet and Esme quickly hugged the two teens just as Thomas went to go search for Minho or Leo. "There you are. Oh god!" Harriet whispered.

"Jesus, you two are okay!" Soon enough, Esme let Harriet deal with Aris and Sonya, while she followed Thomas to look for Minho or her brother.

"It's okay. You guys are safe now, okay. Just hang on."

"We need the bolt cutters." Harriet spoke. Thanking Eric once she received them.

Esme looked around, noticing nor Minho or Leo were to be seen. "Thomas.." Her voice broke slightly. Six months, all that trouble only to find the two weren't here.

"They're not here." Thomas turned back to look at Newt and Esme. The three of them glanced at each other, wondering what they would do now.

•••
The older kids and Vince had helped the kids who were restraint. Leading them towards the front of their hide out, where there was a large open area with the sea in their view.  A large old ship wreck was right next to them. They were going to use it to head to the Safe Haven.

"All right, listen up. I know you've all been through hell. I wish I could say our troubles are over. But we're not through this yet." Vince started, as all the kids sat down in front of him.

"WICKED's still out there. They're not giving up. Cause you got something they want. They took you because you're immune to a plague that's wiping out the human race. And they think you're worth sacrificing to find a cure. Well, I don't."

He then turned towards the large ship, pointing at it. "So in two days, when we get this tub of rust seaworthy, we're getting the hell outta here. We're gonna go to a place where WICKED will never find you. A place you can start over. A place you can call home. Are you with me?"

Cheers of agreements came from the crowd. Esmerelda smiled at Vince, however it faltered realizing he wasn't going to go back for the other kids. Not for Minho. Not even for Leo. She huffed disappointed, turning the opposite way to find Aris, Sonya, and the rest of her friends.

A/N: Very sorry for not posting on Thursday, haven't really been writing any new chapters but I do hope you enjoy this one!!

- Elle