Chapter Three

Morgan's POV

I woke up on my first Monday back in Jerome, it was weird — but it was weirder that I haven't been woken up by a certain six year old knocking on my door like he was high on candy. I swear that kid has too much energy.

Without looking I stretched my arm out of the bed to the nightstand in search of my phone — when I felt it I grabbed it and looked at the hour.

"Damn two in the afternoon?" I mumbled to myself.

I don't know how I slept that much, I thought it was early like nine in the morning... not past midday. But I guess since my human alarm didn't come by today I lost track of my sleep — not that I'm complaining, some good sleep is always welcomed, it's just that it sometimes makes me feel useless to sleep till this late but there's no harm in doing it every now and then.

I had some texts from Michael asking me where was the spare key to my apartment since he left his 'lucky socks' in there the other day and he wanted to wear them tomorrow for a date. The others were some unanswered text from Elizabeth since I fell asleep while we were talking and didn't get to reply to them. I send her a 'good morning' before locking the phone and heading to the bathroom.

After doing my business and taking a very long and refreshing shower I headed downstairs and found a seemingly empty house. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a mountain dew — I sat on the stool and dialled my mom.

"You finally woke up?" Was the first thing she said.

"Yep," I took a sip of my drink, "Where is everyone?"

"Well sweetie it is Monday so your dad and I are at work and Matty is at school." She said matter-of-fact.

Oh yeah, right... it's just me on vacations not everybody else.

"Right and what am I supposed to do them?" I asked.

"I don't know Morgan, walk around town or something, we will be home later — I have to go." I muttered a 'bye' to my mom before hanging up the phone.

See this is one of the reasons I didn't want to come back to this town — it's deadly boring without anyone to hang out with! This place is great to have a family or for old people to live in but to younger and single people like I happen to be... there's not much to do.

I finished the mountain dew and headed back upstairs to my room to change into some better clothes so I could go out and try not to die from boredom.

So when I was changed up I grabbed my keys and made sure I had my phone and wallet. Luckily my parents left one of the two cars at home for me to use.

So thoughtful.

I wandered around town — driving aimlessly for nearly an hour thinking of what to do before ultimately settling on going to the coffee shop that I used to go to when I found myself in these same situations.

The cafe was a lot different since I last visited it — the whole shop has been remodeled and expanded, which made sense because this was—and probably still is— one of the most visited places in town. It always has many people at different at hours, this time of the day tends to be the less busy with the morning and after five in the afternoon being the busier times.

I sat on of the tables by the window and ordered a sandwich instead of coffee since I haven't eaten anything today. While I waited for my food I distracted myself by scrolling through Instagram and texting Michael. Elizabeth hasn't answered my texts from earlier so I guess she must be busy — she is after all the CEO of the company, it's no surprise she can't talk at all hours.

My food didn't take long to arrive as there was just a few people on the shop. I glanced outside and from where I was sat I could see the bench where I used to go sit when I didn't want to be seen alone at the coffee shop.

At least I got over that with the passing of the years.

When I was finishing paying for my phone my phone rang— my mom was calling me which made me think she probably needed a favor since I have the car she usually drives.

"Hey mom, what's up?" I said picking up the phone.

"Hi sweetie, I was wondering if you could pick up Matty from school. I got held back for a reunion and your dad is on late shift today."

I exited the shop and searched for the car keys on my pants pocket, "Yeah sure. Do they know I'm coming to pick him up?"

"Yes I let them know right before calling you but you might need to go inside and introduce yourself to his teacher. Thank you honey."

"Sure and it's not a big deal mom, he's my little brother so while I'm here I'll try to do the big sister role as good as I can."

"You already are. Now I really have to go, thank you again and we'll talk when I get home, bye."

"Bye," I hung up and started the car.

I was admittedly can of excited to go pick up Matty from school since I've never got to do that before. Sure, once I picked up my little cousin up when I was back in high school — but is not the same, Tommy was insufferable and with reason he grew up to be a little bitch.

The car ride was short and soon enough I had parked the car in front of Matty's school and was making my way inside of it. I got lost a couple of tines trying to find the classroom despite the receptionist pointing it out to me. When I finally found the classroom and entered it I noticed it was empty, you could see the kids playing at the yard through the big window though.

I guessed that the teacher must have gone out for a moment so I decided to wait inside the classroom and distracted myself by looking at the paintings made by the kids that were hung up on the walls. I smiled when I saw Matty's — he had drawn his family, there in the paper was him, our parents, me and a dog—even if we don't have one, he must want one.

"Excuse me what are you doing in my classroom?" I stopped when I heard that voice and slowly turned around to face it's owner. "Morgan?" Green eyes full of shock looked back to my gray ones.

It's been years since I've stared into those eyes. Part of me even believed I would never see them again. And that never sat right with me, it saddened me to think that I wouldn't, I can't lie. But there she is, standing right in front of me in the last place I thought I would find her.

I shook myself out of my own shock and finally managed to get a word out.

"Hayley?"

-

A/N - BOOM lol.