Chapter Eighteen

Morgan's POV

"I totally knew something like that would happen." Michael said through our video call.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"It's movie stuff Morgan, you know? Going back to your home town—meeting that one person from your past, then you find yourself spending so much time with them and then that's it—when you less expect it you kiss and are in love."

I laughed at that. "My god you've been watching way too much Nicholas Sparks' movies dude."

"But is it not what happened!?"

I mean, it kinda was but not that dramatic.

"Sure Mike."

"Damn right I'm sure. However my bets were on the strained best friend, not on the mean girl turned friend to be honest, but ends the same."

Me and Kaden? Now that's practically impossible at this point of our lives because mainly she's my best friend and I haven't had those kind of feelings for Kaden since we were in high school, same goes for her with me I think. Also she lives in Canada and I'm pretty sure she's seeing someone— from what I have gathered so far from her Instagram stories that's it.

"I get why you would think that was the most likely thing to happen, but I don't like Kaden in that way anymore and she never comes to Jerome—she has her whole life and family in Canada." I explained to my friend.

He seemed to be thinking about what I said and scratched his beard. "Yeah... my second guess was girl next door though."

"Jessie did come back but for nothing related to me. And I don't care about her in anyway, so us—was impossible."

Jessie didn't stay for long, in fact she left town the same day as she came. My mom told me that Jessie came to go with her parents to a relative's house—or that's what Herizen Miller told her at least. I don't care why she left, just that she did. Hayley was a emotional mess after Jessie came to 'apologize' or more like give a half assed apology—she shouldn't have bothered going if it was just to say that but Hayley did tell me she was glad Jessie went, she said she felt some kind of closure after went off on her.

"Bet you didn't expect to ever be with the meany romantically either." He wiggled his brows.

I chuckled. "No, I won't lie."

I never thought of kissing Hayley but god knows that's all I want to do every day now.

"You look happy Mor that's great... but I think there's a tiny itty bitty detail that you might be forgetting about."

"What?"

"Just think."

I thought for a second and still came up blank. "I don't know."

Michael looked at me in disbelief, "Come on dude, think."

I groaned. "Michael I did and I can't find that 'tiny itty bitty detail' you're talking about!"

"You moron, did you forget that you are fucking no other than our boss?" He raised both his eyebrows and looked at me expectantly.

Oh shit Elizabeth.

My eyes widened at the realization and I went out of the video call to go through my texts.

Shit there's a bunch of unanswered messages from her. I feel terrible but Michael is right— is just not a tiny detail but a big one.

"You okay there?" Michael asked.

"I got to go, text you later." I didn't waste time to hang up.