Chapter Twenty Two

Morgan's POV

This is bad—like really, really bad.

"Elizabeth what are you doing here? How did you even know where my parents house is?" I asked to the very pissed looking woman.

"I'm your boss, remember? I have all of that information."

I'm not even going to fight her on that right now.

"Okay, well you can't be here, you need to leave."

"I'm not leaving. What the hell is wrong did you even read what you sent me on that bloody text!?" Elizabeth exclaimed rather loudly—it's just matter of time until Hayley comes down now.

"I did!" I think.

"Well let me read it to you." She said taking her phone out.

"Elizabeth—"

"Hey we can't keep on hooking up anymore, it was fun but I have a girlfriend now so I hope we can stay friends. Have a nice rest of the holidays. Nice tits by the way!" Elizabeth read the message outloud making me cringe at my own words.

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that.

"Well that's— that's not bad excluding that last bit."

"You're an asshole. You can't dump me over text." Elizabeth glared at me—I've never seen her mad at me but I could see that she wasn't just angry—she was heartbroken.

"We weren't really da—"

"Who the hell are you and why are you yelling at my girlfriend?" Hayley asked from behind—the blonde had her arms crossed over her chest and a intimidating look on her green eyes. I knew then that she had heard everything.

I can now just hope that these two don't tear each other up... at least not inside the house—my parents would kill me.

"And you are?" Elizabeth looked her up and down with judgement all over her deep brown eyes.

"So besides being impolite by barging into the house you're also deaf?" Hayley chuckled—it was a scary kind of chuckle. "I'm her girlfriend and you must be the boss who flaunts her tits to her employees."

Oh my god I'm so fired.

"Care to repeat that?" Elizabeth said walking towards Hayley—who was also comig closer. I quickly put myself in the middle and faced my girlfriend.

"Hayley I can handle this." I said.

"So this is what you preferred? A insecure little girl?" Elizabeth said knowing well it would piss Hayley off. If Elizabeth is good at something is reading people and pushing the right bottoms once she figures them out.

I jumped at Hayley as I saw she was about to launch at my boss. "Hey, hey, don't." I grabbed her by the hips and watched as Elizabeth gave her a mocking look.

Dear god why do I have to be put in these situations... at least when there's no any witnesses at home.

"Let me go Morgan."

"No. No one is fighting." I told her and then looked at my former fling.  "Elizabeth, I'm sorry but I'm with Hayley I was jus—"

"She was just notifying you because you two weren't even fucking dating!" Hayley interrupted me.

"Can you put a leash on her or something, Morgan?"

"Can you stop harassing your employees?" Hayley retorted and both of them glared at one another.

I sighed, "Elizabeth please, please, wait outside on the porch—I'll go talk to you in a moment." She seemed to ignore me and instead kept giving Hayley the death stare, so I repeated myself. "Please."

"Alright." Elizabeth said sharply and gave my girlfriend a one last look accompanied by a scoff. "Meeting you was more disappointing than impressive... however you're called."

"You bitch." Hayley responded but Elizabeth was already going out of the house—not sparing her another look.

I let go off Hayley once the door was closed.

"I need to go and talk to h—"

"What is she doing here, Morgan?" Hayley frowned.

Why do I always get interrupted mid sentence?

"I don't know! But I don't want to get fired so I'll go outside to talk to her, so please—can you stay and not go out and kill her?"

Hayley rolled her eyes. "Fine."

"Thank you," I kissed her and she returned with a lot more force. Hayley bit my bottom lip as we pulled apart from the kiss and then leaned against my ear.

"Just remember that I do not share, Valentine." She swiftly pecked my lips again and walked to the couch. "You can go, I'll be waiting right here for you."

I gulped and nodded. "I'll be right back."

I prevented that those two ripped each other apart so I think that's a good sign. Although... seeing them fight for me would've been kind of hot.

No, bad Morgan. Don't think like a horny frat boy.

I shook my head as I walked out to the porch of my house—Elizabeth was standing there with her phone in hand, too busy going through it to hear me come outside— or so I thought.

"Controlled your girlfriend or she's going to keep trying to get into a fist fight with me?" Elizabeth said not even bothering to look up.

"Elizabeth why are you here?" I wasn't on the mood to beat around the bunch. She released a breath and put her phone in her pants pocket.

"Why do you think, Morgan?"

"I don't know! That's why I'm asking you. I was clear on the message— yes I could have worded things better but you read and now saw that I have a girlfriend." I saw her clench her jaw but didn't speak so I continued. "Liz, you are an amazing and beautiful woman—anyone would be damn lucky to be with you, but that someone isn't me. We were just friends with benefits, you said you understood that."

"You know what? I don't need your pity talk. Go ahead and be with your girlfriend, coming here was a bloody mistake. Enjoy your remaining days of vacation because if your not back on the office by Monday I will not hesitate to fire you, then you can spend all the time you want with your... erratic girlfriend."

"Elizabeth don't be—"

"Monday or you are out." Elizabeth said sharply, she looked at me with a coldness I had never seen in her deep brown eyes.

She was hurt and she was masking it well... I knew better though.

I watched her march away from my house and get in the back seat of a black Range Rover. I watched as the car drove away until it was out of my sight.

I didn't go inside instantly—I needed a minute to think and breathe. I have no idea what I'm going to do— what Hayley are going to do with living in different states and wanting to keep our relationship going.

Long distance is hard.

We only have two days to figure out what we are going to do... but I do know that I don't want to lose Hayley to distance.

I don't ever want to lose her.

Not again and especially not now that I'm slowly falling for her every day.

-

A/N - Sorry for the wait again lol. I was working on my other book called Strike of Luck (which yall should totally check out if you can)