Chapter Twenty Seven

tw // mention of abuse and addictions.

-

Morgan's POV

"You guys are fucking shit!" I laughed into the microphone—Jason, Michael and I have been playing Call of Duty online for most of the night.

I got them to meet via video chat and they unsurprisingly get along pretty well—and I say unsurprisingly because they have basically the same kind of personality.

"Fuck off Morgan." Jason said and by the tone of his voice I knew he was annoyed.

"See why I never want to play with you?" Michael said.

"Right dude, she's a bad loser and even worse winner." Jason agreed with him.

"Cry losers." I laughed when I heard Jason curse me out.

"What are you two even doing awake, isn't it like four in the morning over there?" I heard Jason ask—he was already back in Germany, I can't believe he forgets the difference in the time zones even if he wasn't that off about the hour.

"It's three in the morning still and it's friday, so why not?" Was Michael's response.

"Hayley was out so I was waiting for her to come back to her house and I also got carried away playing with Michael before you joined in."

"Awe, you were waiting for your girl like a good little girlfriend?" My best friend mocked me making Michael laugh. I rolled my eyes at him even if he couldn't see me do so.

"Are we gonna play or you are you two gonna keep whining like a little bitch?"

"Oh you are on Morgan." Michael responded.

"Hell yeah, let's go again." Jason now said.

In that moment my phone started ringing, I put the controller down and grabbed my phone. "Wait guys Hayley's calling me."

"Oh the Mrs. is calling, say hi to her from my part, even though I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember me." Jason said while Michael just told me to hurry up so we could start the match.

I put my earphones down before picking up the call, "Hey babe."

"M-Morgan." I heard Hayley's voice followed my sniffing and cries, I instantly got worried and stood up.

"Hayley? Baby what's wrong? Are you okay? Are you safe? What happened?" I felt my heart start to beat like crazy on my chest.

"She— she's dead." She said through cries—my heart dropped at that and my blood ran cold.

"Who— who is dead? Hayley what are you talking about?"

"My mom... she's dead, the police found her. I— I really need you, I don't know what to do." Hayley cried on the phone — I felt a pang on my chest at the sound of her cries and by the fact that I'm not there.

Her mom just died and I'm not there with her.

"Hayley, baby I need you to tell me where you are." I was already grabbing my wallet and searching for my shoes as I waited for her answer.

"T-The police station."

"Okay, I'm coming back today, I'm already on my way to the airport." I finally grabbed my keys and exited my appartment.

"You don't have to come back." She said with her a small broken voice.

"Don't even try, I'm on my way. I'll see you in a few, okay? I love you." As soon as I hung up the phone realization of what I just said to her hit me.