Chapter Twenty

Morgan's POV

Hayley threw my phone at me a bit to harshly but I luckily caught it before it could hit the floor... or the wall... or me.

"I know this looks bad but—"

"Bad?" Hayley let a humorless laugh out. "At less now I know what you were masturbating to that day. I want you the fuck out of here!"

I sighed.

How am I supposed to fix this now? I knew I should've texted Elizabeth yesterday but no, I had to be stupid and postpone it. I should have known that decision would come back to bite me in the ass.

"Just listen to me! I know this looks bad but if you just let me explain!" I walked around the bed to be in front of her but still with a distance.

"I don't want to hear any explanations!" She came closer to me and poked my chest. "Go and give them it to your girlfriend. Right now you can fuck off my apartment and leave me the hell alone!"

"I'm not leaving until we have solved this. Please Hayley just hear me out, is not what you think." I pleaded but I know Hayley is stubborn—way too stubborn so convincing her that Elizabeth and I are not dating or that I'm going to keep seeing her is going to be hard.

"I don't want to see you or talk to you Morgan, so get dressed and get out of my house." Hayley grabbed my clothes from the floor and threw them at me.

"Fine." I relented and took my clothes to change in the bathroom.

If Hayley wants me to leave then I will, I understand that she's angry and me being here when she doesn't want me to is going to make things worse for me since she won't have space to calm down and clear her head.

"I'll leave and give you space to calm down." I said getting out of the bathroom now changed.

"I don't need to calm down!" Hayley yelled at me... angry Hayley is kind of scary I'll admit that.

"Okay..." I said slowly.

"Out." She pushed me out of the bedroom until we were on the door of her apartment. "I should have known this was going to end like this," she muttered more to herself.

Hayley opened the door and pointed to it—she was not looking at me but I still could see her eyes watering. I hesitantly approached her. "I'm going to leave and come back later so you can calm down." I grabbed her face and turned her to me even though she tried to brush off my hand with her head. "This is not over, okay? Us is not over, love. I'll explain to you and then you can decide—for now I'll just let you cool off."

Hayley bit the inside of her cheek and avoided eye contact when I finished talking.

I sighed and kissed her cheek briefly before letting her face go and walking out the door. Once out she slammed the door close behind me.

"What a fuck up this."

I took out my phone when I was inside of the elevator and saw Elizabeth's message. It was in fact a nude picture of her in bed and a text that read 'would be a better start of the year if you were here'.

This won't end well for me because either Hayley or Elizabeth is gonna kill me... or they will team up and do it.

Those two meeting doesn't sound like a good idea—knowing them they will rip each other's head.

I need to do what I was supposed to do yesterday— or more like since Hayley and I kissed.

I typed a text in my phone and once I decided that it looked like a good... call off? I sent it and locked my phone.