Chapter Nine

Morgan's POV

I felt something poking my face.

"Morgan."

What. The. Fuck.

"Morgan." Another poke to my forehead.

I groaned and with my eyes closed swatted away whatever it was touching my face and covered my face with my blanket.

"SISSY WAKE UP!" I heard Matty yell at me and then climb up to my bed and start jumping on it.

"Okay that's it!" I threw my blankets away from myself and once I did I saw Matty already making a run out of my room — of course I ran after him making him scream when he saw me on his tail.

"Mommy, mommy!" He screamed loudly until he got found my mom on the livingroom and hid behind her.

"You little sh—"

"Morgan language." My mom warned me and Matthew laughed from behind her.

"But he—"

"Morgan you are twenty six years old and he's six." She gave me a pointed look and Matty stuck his tongue out at me while I sent him a glare.

Always the age difference card.

"He woke me up by jumping on my bed!" I still complained.

She paid attention to her phone and nodded. "I know, I sent him."

"What? Why!?"

"Because it's three in the afternoon," she said simply.

'But it's Sunday!" I reasoned.

My mom sighed and put her phone down. "I need you to babysit your brother today."

I groaned loudly, "Why?"

"Your dad and I are having dinner with some colleagues."

"And if I say no?"

My mom narrowed her eyes at me, "You don't have a choice young lady. I was just being polite by asking you—you are on babysitting duty tonight."

"Matty is grown he can take care of himself."

"Yes I can." Matty added up — jumping up and down.

My mom rolled her eyes at the both of us and walked away. I looked at my brother and scared him off by pretending I was gonna catch him and he run off again after my mom.

When it was time for my parents to leave for their dinner my mom stood at the front door telling me what I could and what I could not do. My dad gave me a look of pity as I got told by mom before leaving to start the car.

"So," I started and looked at my brother. "What do you want to do?"

"Winter fair!" He yelled in excitement.

God this kid is always yelling.

I sighed not even bothering to fight the six year old. "Fine, go change."

Matty kept yelling in excitement as he ran up to his room to do as I told him. I took out my phone and dialled as I too went to my room to get ready and changed for our day in the fair.

"Hello," I said once the call picked up.

"Why am I hearing your voice in a peaceful Sunday afternoon, Valentine?" Hayley said through the other side of the line.

"Someone's grumpy today."

"You make me grumpy."

"Awe that's adorable."