The Academy

Zelda's POV

Everything moved so quickly after I had received that letter on Friday. Father spent the entire weekend finalising my enrolment and making sure everything was ready for me to begin studying at the academy by Monday. Purah had left shortly after getting her notebook back from me and I spent the weekend buying new supplies and sorting out what stuff to take with me to campus. When Monday came, Impa raced down to my house in her ruby red car, congratulating me and squeezing me tight, before driving me straight to the academy. She parked and we made our way to the main campus grounds.

*****

"Wow. It's even bigger than I expected!" I stare at the giant building in front of me, my feet glued to the ground as I try to absorb everything I'm seeing. I say building, but there's actually a bunch of bright, white bricked buildings towering over me right now. The main building stands tall in the centre, an enormous fountain was placed directly in front, making the path curve round it to the main double doors entrance. A few benches were placed around it along with some lamp posts, beautiful flowers lay skilfully around the ground.

There are also buildings next to it on each side, each completely identical except for the different banners and labels around them. The one to my left is clearly the science and mathematics block. The right is English language and other courses that I'm currently unaware of. Each building looks quite elegant, apart from the bright blue banners passionately promoting different clubs and skills. The academy logo shines as bright as the sun in the centre of the main building. I gently touch my mirror, that's now attached to my necklace to act as a locket, and feel the same symbol. I had put mother's photo in it years ago so she would always be here with me, in a way.

Impa suddenly interrupts my thoughts, taking my hand. "I know it's a lot to take in right now but don't worry yourself. You have the best tour guide here with you." She reaches into her black bag pack and takes out a sheet, which looks to be a map of the entire school. "We're in front of the main building, which you've probably already guessed. Anyway, here you'll walk into the main reception, and past that is basically a wide open space that leads to classes either side but if you keep going straight, you'll find the library. To the left there's a few classes and storage units, but there's also drama studios and a whole theatre on the right. Upstairs are more classes, the assembly hall and extra study spaces if the library is full... which hardly ever happens.

The building on our left is where you'll probably spend most of your time. It's where all the smart mathematicians, scientists and researchers like my dear big sis harbour. There's so many labs and other stuff there you'll have fun with. To the right, we have the block where subjects like English language, medical studies and history take place. All the long ass essay writing courses basically." I can't help but giggle at that last remark. "You said you were taking a research course for biology, right? And history and PE for your compulsory subjects? Girl, you're gonna have to do so much running back and forth." Her hand reassuringly pats my back but her face is scrunching to contain her mean laughter.

"The rest of the campus is basically all to do with PE. Apart from the greenhouse but that's just something optional for certain courses. PE is popular with lots of students; for all the various sports to join... and for getting the chance to admire certain athletes." She whispers the last part to herself but I manage to hear. I don't bother asking though. I can already imagine, even though we're all meant to be young adults here, there would be students who swoon over athletic, good looking people, rather than focus solely on their scholarships at all times. The 'certain athletes' part does intrigue me a little though. Impa continues her guide.

"PE courses are split up in four sections you can find on the field surrounding the campus: The first one is the Rito field, where you can learn your light bow in archery, or practice riding horses if you want. It also has a football field. Then there's the Zora dome. That's where the swimming pools are. It's part of the school but is owned by Mr Dorephan. His daughter Mipha is captain of the academy swim team. It's pretty cool in there.