Monster Slayer

Zelda's POV

I bow my head to get into Link's car.
"Oh, wait a minute." I lift my head back up as Link seems to have remembered something.
"Is something wrong?" I ask him.
"No. I just remembered I stayed this late not only to practice, but also visit someone."
"Oh... That's okay. I can find another way home. You don't need to put your plans on hold for-"
"-It's fine. I don't want to leave you by yourself. How about you come with me? He should be around campus right now. I just need to get something from him."
"Oh, he's here? Okay, it shouldn't take that long, then."

I follow behind Link as he leads me back to the main campus grounds. Although it's almost midnight, the buildings still have some students roaming around. The few remaining teachers are leaving and turning the lights out in the buildings as we walk past them, outside. I take a few quicker steps to reach Link and wrap my hands around his arm. I feel his eyes on me and I slowly meet them. They shine through the darkness and instantly assure me I'm safe with him.
"Don't worry. We're almost there." He smiles. We turn the corner and I notice a giant pile of luggage near the Gerudo grounds. They have different coloured lights hanging from them and as we get closer, I see a little stall attached to the bottom. It's colourful, but eerie at the same time. A strange looking person is standing inside it and is kind of creeping me out.

"Is that who you're meeting?" I want him to say no but, he nods and guides me towards it. A giant purple light rests on top of the stall, adding to the mystic ambiance around this thing. We stop in front of it and I wait for the mysterious person to say something. He's looking right at us. Why is he humming, instead of talking? Link clears his throat.
"Lynel." He whispers.
"WHERE?!" My soul leaves my body as I jump from the sudden scream of excitement from the peculiar guy. He spins around and his eyes dart around the empty grounds. I'm surprised to realise that the face I thought was his is, in reality, a part of his hoodie. No wonder he didn't say anything. He had his back to us and didn't know we were here. It's quite dark in his stall, even with all the lights around it. I couldn't tell he was facing the other way. He calms down and settles his crazy eyes on us.

"Oh, it's you, Link. Met any cool monsters recently? Or are you just here to check out my new stock?" He flashes Link a toothy grin. I notice that one of them is gold. His eyes drift to me and he jumps.
"YAH! A new customer! I'm Kilton. Welcome to Fang and Bone. Only open at night." He pulls a sign in front of him that reads the same thing he said and throws it somewhere behind him.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kilton. I'm Zelda. Your shop looks... interesting. Why are you only open at night?"
"Duh, because that's when monsters like to roam, most of the time. I specialise in monster research. Did you know there's a total of 40 Stone Taluses in Hyrule, today? They're so strong. Unfortunately, the majority of them had moved to live on Mount Lanayru for the past century and have rarely ventured out. No one knows where the rest are." I relax at that fact, while Kilton sighs with disappointment on his face.

"Kilton. The weapon." Link puts his hand out, and Kilton takes out a huge weapon which looks like a sword merged with a stone hammer. My eyes widen at the heavy thing that Link holds with ease at his side.
"This is what you came to collect? What on earth are you intending to use it for?"
"Monster hunting." He shrugs.
"As much as I hate the image of him destroying those beautiful piles of boulders, Link requires the satisfaction of defeating monsters with his skills and I require the necessary materials from the remains of those monsters to aid my research. Simple." He giggles highly and rubs his hands together, bouncing on the spot like a child waiting to receive sweets or toys.

"Doesn't this weapon seem... a bit much?" I stare at it, imagining the damage it could inflict on someone.
"Are ya kidding?! You need a weapon like this to take a Talus down. This will do damage to any monster but, it's specially made for smashing hard rocks. Of course, we have diggers and all sorts of machines to use these days but, you can imagine how a Talus would react to one of those machines; It would smash the machinery to pieces, before it even has a chance to move!" Kilton bursts out with laughter.