Chapter 10

Cover Explanation: Clearly, Liam is trying to make an angry Privi smile. Cheers!

Privi's POV

A few days went by after that whole incident with Liam. He sure came to apologize but all that took me by shock. I was not ready to face him. It came as a surprise to me. Maybe that's why I behaved in the way that I did, I thought or was I just giving reasons to myself for not feeling bad about how I behaved? Either way, I can't think about it. God, I don't even have his contact information. I told him I needed time but that stupid ass didn't even leave any contact details for me to contact him. Stupidstupid Liam.

In the office, James was also maintaining distance with me after that incident. Even I haven't got any new jobs yet. I have been giving interviews but received no positive response yet. Some of them even judged me based on the newspaper article. Of course, every one read about it. I was sitting in my cabin when thinking about all these things. As if on cue, there was a knock on my door. I asked the other person to come in and was faced with yet another shock. JAMES!

"Hey love, how are you feeling today?", he said slyly. I got up slowly as he closed the door behind him and approached me.

"W... what do you want, James? Hav..en't you already done en..ough?", my voice barely came out as I stuttered but he heard it, clearly. I could see that satisfactory smirk on his face. He was definitely up to something.

"I wanted to meet you, love", he said, smirk still intact on his face. As he was coming closer to me, my legs started shaking and the incidents of last week started running through my mind. Was he going to hurt me again? Was he satisfied to see me like that? All vulnerable and weak?

"But I don't think you should come to my office. I do have a cordless here so if you have any work, you can contact me through this", I said and this time I sounded more confident than I thought I was.

"Oh feisty, I like that thing about you. You make me wanna take you right now and here", he said trying to close the distance between us.

"Don't you dare come near me, James. I'm just your secretary so let it be like that. Don't try to cross your limits..", I was stopped in mid-sentence when he kept his finger on my lips. Oh god, please save me. I didn't even like the way he touched me. He was getting abusive now. I wanted to squirm away and never come back. In the back of my mind, I was just praying to get away from him. Just then the door opened to reveal Eliana with two coffee mugs in her hands.

"Hi Priv. Excuse me? What's going on?", she said, shock written all over her face. Suddenly that shock turned into anger. I was so thankful that somebody interrupted us.

"Dont you know that you should knock before stepping inside a room?", James growled. Eliana was beyond angry now but I could see that she was trying to calm herself down. By this time, even James moved back and maintained ample amount of distance from me.

"Oh! Im so sorry sir. I didn't know that you were here as it is strictly mentioned in the prospectus that no senior employee is supposed to go in the subordinate's cabin for any kind of work, she said, proving a point to him. Oh God! I just love this girl. She is actually a blessing. I thought as a smile appeared on my face.

"NOW YOU'RE GOING TO TEACH ME ABOUT THE COMPANY NORMS?", James shouted and this shocked me. I hope Eliana doesn't suffer like me. However, she was bolder than I thought her to be.

"Listen to me Mr. James, I know what you did to her and why. Consider yourself thankful that we haven't filed a complaint against you. If you try to come close to her then I won't stop her or myself from doing that and ruining your career", she said while stepping right in front of him.