Chapter 29

5 years later

Liam's POV

I'm already very late. I should have reached there on time. Privi will kill me. She told me not to be late. I know how hard she's been working to set up her own company. She won't be an employee any longer.

Now she's going to be her own boss.

It's been 5 years already. How did the time passed so quickly, I still fail to understand. She's been an amazing partner all these years. We've been dating ever since the day she confessed her feelings for me. Even the media didn't take that long to rat us out to the public. Initially, the media stuff was very difficult for her to handle. She even got hate comments from various female fans saying that she didn't deserve me.

I even saw her breaking down because of all this but just like any good boyfriend, I was always beside her. I kept motivating her. Slowly, she started getting used to all these things. She understood that if she ignored the paparazzi, they're going to follow her everywhere, might even make silly comments about her.

So she found a way out of all these things. The wise girl made a deal with the journalists, stating that they're not supposed to intrude in her life every time and in return, she would give them 20 minutes every day and will answer all their questions.

Smart move, ahan!

That's my smart ass girl!

The shocking part was, people even listened to her and never made stupid comments about her. Besides, that helped me as well because I'm associated with her. It's like she's my lucky charm. My life came on track because of her, I found my true love in her, media didn't bother me anymore and I actually started being polite with paparazzi.

After all, if you do give them the real information yourself then why would they bother you?

Today was a special day. She's going to inaugurate her new office. Privi was always a fan of vintage stuff. No wonder she still has her old car, even if she doesn't use it anymore. This passion of hers, led her to open a museum in our city which will be containing most of the vintage stuff. You can even buy them from there. So it was like a museum shop, if that makes any sense.

But there was something else which was special about today.

Five years ago, today was the day we met for the first time.

That day outside the stadium when a famous pop star was hiding away from all the people, happened to stumble upon this beautiful feisty girl. Surely, we had a rough start but with time, things got better.

So what could be better than to propose to her today? I know we hardly spoke about getting married or stuff like that as she wanted to wait until she had a stable career. No doubt I was happy for her.

But deep inside I was nervous as well. She told me about how important her career was and she wanted to wait till she gets what she wants, but what if she thinks that this is not the right time?

What if she thinks it's way too early for her?

What if she says that she's not ready as she has to build her professional life?

What if.

I was thinking more than it was required. I know I was just getting overwhelmed by the fact that she was going to be my one an only. Oh God! What if she does? Wouldn't it be very awkward for us after she rejects me?

.

Wait.

.

Why am I even thinking about her rejecting me? Don't I know her enough to know that she's never going to ditch me. I think I just have to calm down a bit.