Chapter 20

The kitchen adversaries- Liam and Privi

Privi's POV

After the awkward moment, I went to the couch and sat there as if nothing happened. I could feel Liam's eyes on me. He was watching every step, every move I made. Suddenly, I started getting butterflies in my stomach as if all of them planned to attack me once and for all. I could feel myself getting sweaty even in the winter months. I felt a dip on the couch next to me and I turned my head to see who it was. Eliana sat next to me and comforting me because she knew I felt messed up. Josh came to us and introduced Eliana to the boys.

"Guys, she is Eliana, Privi's soul sister. She works with her at her company. Actually, ex-company", Josh said pointing towards Eliana. Liam smiled at her and Luke well something was definitely up with him.

"Luke? Are you ok?", I asked, narrowing my eyes. Everyone was looking at him except Liam. He was still staring at me. What's wrong with him? Why is he trying to have a staring contest with me? I mustered up the courage to look at him and ask him the reason for the same while others concentrated on Luke. I turned my head towards him and instantly, he changed his direction of view towards Luke, pretending as if he was never looking at me.

"Yes Luke, is everything ok? You look a bit lost ever since you came here", Liam said, putting his hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Yeaerya..everything's fine", he said sounding a bit distracted. I felt Eliana shift awkwardly and I looked at her. She looked at me and smiled, sheepishly, as if she has been caught red handed. There's definitely something that doesn't feel right here.

"We're just about to cook the supper. Don't go without having some", said Josh. "Privi cooks delicious pasta", he said and attention again on me. Oh god! How many times do I have to feel awkward like this? I smiled in a sarcastic way and made my way towards the kitchen. Eliana followed me and the boys were sitting outside. She hurried up to me and said, "Privi? How do you know these boys? And have they come to your place before as well?" I hesitated before answering her but we decided to share everything so I told her.

"They came to the place where I stayed earlier. Liam, apparently, had to apologize for whatever fuss he created."

"Ohh! You never told me about them coming to your house! And what about the other guy? Who's he?", she asked, more like whispered.

"He's Liam's Manager and best friend, Luke. Eli? Did you notice that Luke was behaving strangely, today?", I asked her.

"How am I supposed to know? It's not like I've met him before", she said. I narrowed my eyes at her. I never said about them meeting. Before I could say anything, we heard someone clear their throat.

""Need any help girls?", said Liam. We turned around to look at him who was leaning, slyly, at the entrance of the kitchen. He had a smirk on his face, which made the same butterflies get to work in my stomach.

"No thanks, we'll manage", I said.

"But I came here to help", he said, walking towards us with a puppy face. Eliana smiled at him.

"Sure. Privi would love some assistance here", she said and I threw daggers at her. She signaled me to have fun and I kept staring at her. "I had to change from the office attire, anyways. Thanks, for coming here!", she said, shaking hands with him and he took it willingly.

As soon as she left, silence took over the kitchen. He came closer to me and bumped his shoulder into mine. I looked at him and raised my brows. He shrugged his shoulders and started fidgeting with the veggies.

"Thanks for um.. the ankle", I said breaking the silence otherwise my shaky hands would have messed up the pasta.

"Anytime. I could really come handy sometimes, you know", he said and I smiled at him. "Here, let me do it otherwise you'll mess the things up", he said getting back to his cockiness. I looked at him in surprise and he smirked at me. I could see the devilish grin form on his face.