Chapter 30

Liam's POV

When it was finally time to reveal the big surprise, my nerves started wrecking. It was almost like I was going to have a panic attack. I knew that I had proposed to my ex-girlfriends before but for some odd reason, this one was difficult. It felt as if my life depended on it. My palms were getting sweater by every second. I wiped them off with my handkerchief to not make it look very obvious.

"What is it, Liam? You've been acting so strange ever since you came here. Are you fine? You need medics?", Privi asked me while examining my forehead to check if I had fever. Now how do I tell this dumb girl that she was the reason behind my love fever.

"I'm fine. Just come with me.", I said and she gave me a narrowed-eye look but followed me anyway.

I took her to the basement of the building and opened the door. The two of us were supposed to be alone over here and I had told everyone about that. I was just hoping that Luke had prepared everything well otherwise this day is going to be remembered as a big embarrassment. I stood outside the basement door and looked at her. She was still looking at me with a confused look.

"Privi, I believe that you're the best person in my life. The most special one that brings out the best person in me. Of course, Riley is on the top but you share the same place in my left side of the heart. Though, he rules the right one!", she laughed on my failed attempt to sound humorous.

"What's in there? You are you so hyped? I just hope that there isn't any problem?"

"Well, depends on how you react when you see what's inside", I shrugged trying to calm my nerves.

I took the keys out of my pocket that Luke gave me earlier. I specially got a spare key made for the basement so I could go in anytime. I put the key in the key hole and turned it around. The locked clicked open and I turned around to look at Privi. She was standing real close to me. I held her hand tightly and pushed the door open.

Now it was my time to be confused. Why is the room so dark? I remember telling Luke to keep the room lighted so that she could see it as soon as I open the door. Luke! He's so dead. I didn't even know where the switches were.

"What happened, Liam? Why have you brought me here?", asked Privi.

"UmI..I actually", I started shuffling things in my pocket to find my phone. I had to call Luke. I definitely needed him here. "Wait.. I'll just look for the switch."

The moment I moved forward to look for the switches, the whole room lit up and I jumped in surprise. What the hell? My eyes couldn't believe what they saw. There were balloons everywhere with our pictures printed on them. Some of the balloons also had different pictures of the two of us without friends.

In the corner of the room, a round table was decorated with incarnations. There was music being played and if I was not mistaken, this was exactly the song that Privi and I danced to for the first time before she dashed off to the backyard to get drunk. The whole place looked absolutely stunning. I myself was surprised.

Wait.

.

.

'This is not what I finalized with Luke', I thought. Privi liked tulips and not incarnations. In fact, I like incarnations. The table was set up with the snacks and the deserts of my choice. Everything looked amazing because it was all that I liked, none that she liked.

I was completely baffled. Luke couldn't make such a big mistake because I, myself gave him all the information. Unless, someone else meddled in.

But how was Privi so quiet behind me.