Chapter 19

Liam and Privi crashing on the couch after he carried her in his arms.

Inspiration song for this chapter: https://youtu.be/CRzCAz6ZrTo?list=RDXX2VG2pTHRc

Privi's POV

There was someone behind Josh and Eliana who almost sprinted towards me. I looked up to see the person I least expected to be.

"Are you okay?", he asked, worry written all over his face.

"What are you doing here, Liam?", I asked unable to recover from yet another gate crash.

"That's not the answer to my question. What happened? Did you twist your ankle?", he asked and I kept staring at him dumbfounded.

"Privi, he's asking you something", Eliana said from behind.

I snapped back to reality and said, "What What were you saying?"

"I asked if you've twisted your ankle Never mind, here, take my support and try to stand", he said and put my hand around his shoulder. Josh held from the other side.

"Ouch!... It fucking hurts!", I shrieked. With that said, Liam picked me up in his arms, bridal style and carried me to the couch. I kept staring at him all this while. I mean, how does he always appear like this, out of nowhere? I kept looking at his face and he caught me staring at him. He looked at me and wiggled his eyebrows. That's when I came back to reality and looked away. He put me down gently on the couch.

"Here, let me see it", he said and started examining my ankle like a professional. He tried to twist my ankle but every time he did it, I pushed his hands away. "Can you just let me have a look?", he said, frustrated from the constant pulling away.

"You're hurting me, Liam", I said looking at my ankle.

"I would never hurt you, Privi", he said with the utmost sincerity. It felt like there was a hidden message behind it or was it only me who felt it.

"What happened? Why is everyone gathered like that?", we heard someone and turned around to see the source of the disturbance. It was Luke. But as soon as he saw our faces, his jaw dropped. He kept staring at us with utter disbelief. He had definitely seen all of us then why that dumbstruck face, unless it was because of someone new in this room. I followed his eyes and they landed upon Eliana. The most shocking part was she shared the exact same expression. Did they know each other?

"Hi Luke, Privi just fell from the stairs so we were checking her injury", Josh said, breaking the trail of exchange of stares going on between Eliana and Luke.

"Oh, hi Privi!", he said. "How..how did you fall?", he asked still stealing glances at Eliana.

"I'm.fine, Luke", I said, while he was still looking at her. "By the way, I'm seated here, Luke", I said, waving at him.

"Oh yes! Sorry! What were you saying?", he said coming to us.

We noticed his lack of attention and Liam gave him a strange look. Then he turned to look at me and we exchanged looks. Josh kept looking between Luke and Eliana while she was trying to hide her face. What was doing on, damn it? I couldn't understand.

"Fuck!", I shrieked. Everybody turned to look at me. Stupid Liam took the advantage of my lack of attention and twisted my ankle. "What are you doing? I told you not to touch me. What if you break it?", I said, moving forward to hit him but he moved away. In the process of hitting him, I moved my foot and swiissshhhhh.. the pain was gone! Like gone gone! I turned my ankle gently to see if it's still paining but no, it was gone!

I looked at him in amazement. I got up from the couch and bolted toward him. He thought I was going to hit him so he tried to squirm away but I caught him in a bear-hug. I embraced him and he stood still. "Thank you so much!", I said, hugging him tightly. That's when he relaxed and hugged me back. "Told ya, I would never hurt you!", he said and I opened my closed eyes. Shit! I hugged him? I slowly stepped away from him and looked at the floor. Oh god! This is embarrassing. I should have stayed calm. I could feel all the eyes on me. At that point I had embarrassed myself so much that I wanted the earth to open up and swallow me.