Chapter 22

Privi's POV

The day went by quite swiftly. However, after Liam and Luke left, Eliana started behaving in a strange way. I knew there was something that she was hiding but it was difficult to decipher whether it was because of the boys or Louis. I wanted to ask her about the same but she was dodging the topic. Guess, she needs some time.

I woke up in the morning and my schedule was already ready. I had prepared it last night itself. Wasting time was definitely not an option now. I had to give my best today. So I woke up and went straight to the washroom. I hopped into the shower and got ready. I had certain interviews lined up for the day and I wanted to give my best in all of them. At least, one of them could be my future office.

With that thing in my mind, I went down, had breakfast and left without waking Josh or Eliana. Eliana took a day off whereas Josh was already on a week's leave. So I thought better than waking up so early. I went outside, started the engine and off I went.

I arrived at the first company and went inside. I had applied for the post of clerk. The salary was pretty decent and was also quite close to where I stayed. I went inside to see that I was the first one to come for the interview. Thank God, I wouldn't have to wait a lot for the same. I went inside and gave my best. However, from the looks of it, I was certain that they would not choose me.

Therefore, after that, I went for the second interview. The company looked quite decent. Not one of those big ones where I've been earlier. I went inside and sat for the interview. It went well. At last something positive happened. The manager was impressed and wanted to hire me right then. I think working in James Corporation helped me build my CV. The interviewer was actually impressed about me having the work experience from such a renowned company. He offered me the post and asked me to join from the very next day itself. Finallyfinally I had some good news to go back with.

While I was on my way back home, I received a call from an unknown number. Maybe it was from the new company because they told me about calling for the timings and all. I parked the car near the pedestrian to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"At last, you answer the call!", the person said from the other side.

"Excuse me? I think you might have dialed the wrong number.", I said as none of my friends have this new number.

"You're Privi right?", said the person from the other side.

"Yes, I'm sorry! Have we spoken before?"

"Spoken? We've even met before!"

"Oh, I see. Would you like to enlighten me with your name?", I said, still trying to recognize the voice. Of course, I have heard this voice somewhere but can't remember.

"Well, someone special calls me Mr. Crap but I go by Liam!"

"What? It's you!!!! Howhow did you get my number? I haven't given it to anyone!", I said, sounding astonished. I could never understand this guy. He's something else. He knows where I stay before I let anyone know. He knows my number even before I have the chance to share it with him.

"That's not important. What's important is that I have a news for you!", he said, completely ignoring my question. Never mind. I'll ask him when I meet him.

"Actually, I have to tell you something too. But you go first", I said.

"Oh really? First you tell me! Mine can wait!"

"This way, we are just going to waste time. Somebody has to go first", I said and he just sighed on the other side. "Okay, let's do one thing. Meet at my place?"