The Sign of Ekrizdis

Harry woke early in the morning, he loved the silence it brought. He went downstairs to the kitchen. Once there, he was met by Kreacher. "Young Dark Master, would you like some breakfast?" He didn't have to wait long when he decided what to eat. Kreacher was much more efficient than Harry had ever seen anyone moving around in the kitchen.

Harry was on his second cup of coffee when Sirius entered. Sirius looked around in amazement.

"Pup, you do know that you don't have to cook every day? We can take care of ourselves. But, now that it is already there..." Sirius picked up a plate and started to eat. Harry looked at Sirius with a large grin on his face.

"Siri?"

"Hmm?" Sirius shoved his mouth full of scrambled eggs.

"Do you like it?" Harry asked mischievously.

"Yes, pup. It's delicious." Sirius proved his opinion with another scoop filled with eggs and sausage.

"Yeah, but Siri, do you love it?" Harry pouted a bit and looked at Sirius with his biggest puppy-eyes that he could manage.

"Aww, Harry – PUP, You know I love you. And I really love this food. It's the best breakfast I had in ages." Sirius exclaimed with large gestures.

"Aww, Kreacher? Did you hear that? The Dog Master loves your food as well!"

Kreacher appeared behind Harry. However, he was not impressed by his master. "Kreacher's master is a Black but is unworthy of the name Black. He only deals with Mudbloods and Blood Traitors. What would Mistress say?" Kreacher wailed. "Young Dark Master likes magic, all magic, and respects the House of Black. Oh, how Kreacher would love to serve him. Thank you, little Dark Master for your praises. Kreacher makes Treacle Tart for teatime." Kreacher bowed and disappeared with a 'plop'.

"What did you do?" Sirius cried.

"I give him positive attention, but am strict when needed. I have also been polite to your mother. You should try it once or twice," said Harry with a wink.

"She is such a classy lady who gave me lots of pointers for high society. Did you know that refusing a handshake is perceived as very rude and often seen as an insult to the whole house? I didn't! And I did it twice to Malfoy. And now I had to write an official apology from the House Potter to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Malfoy." Harry pouted. That letter had been quite difficult to write, Harry had to make several trips to Walburga to perfect the letter.

"Harry, that woman –" Sirius paused at the face of Harry. Harry gave him a pointed look and shook his head. "Okay, my MOTHER, is quite possibly insane. All she does is yell and scream at people."

"Did you ever asked your mother politely? Or did you scream at hear like the next best drunken mountaintroll?" Harry asked conceitedly.

"You really do mean that, don't you? You've got a big heart, Harry. But I don't know if the relationship with my mother is something that can be mend. Our views of the world clashed spectacularly when I was sixteen." Sirius paused and seemed lost in thought. "Harry, did you know that you are blood-adopted by myself? You were just a babe when it happened, so you don't have any memory of it. But you are mine, not just in spirit. You are mine in blood and in the eyes of Lady Magic. You are my son. James and Lily are, of course, your parents. But you are my son as well. And I am so proud to call you that. My mother has already accepted you. Hell, even the snarky house-elf is on your beck and call." Sirius had a grave look on his face. "I would like you to bear the name Black. It's yours after all. You would be, Harry James Sirius Potter-Black, heir of House Potter and heir of Most Ancient and Noble House of Black. You are, in blood, a true pure-blood. By blood-adopting, you gained that status. I know you don't care about blood status, but I want you to know this. So that you can make an educated decision yourself. I'll give you a book later today detailing your duties as the future Lord of House Black. Please think about it."