The Chance Meeting

Nineteen days. Nineteen days and still the burn on his hand had not healed. Nineteen more days of endless torment by a pink toad that knows no bounds. By now Harry had two gaping wounds on his hand at the hands of two professors. Harry should have damn well known that he should have stayed at Lestrange Manor.

Needless to say, Harry was annoyed, he was so touchy that he made Professor Sprout cry; which in itself was an achievement, for the woman was goodness itself and always seemed to have angelic patience. This resulted in another detention, forcing Harry to spend the next ten days in detention in the evening.

It was nineteen days of nothing from Sirius, Remus, Corvus, or Rabastan; Harry was constantly pissed, Draco helping out the best he can, and Pansy, Theo, and Blaise were a little concerned about it.

"Well, I for one, am sick of this shit. My eyes are about to cross with all this damn Latin. We've gotten nowhere and I'm frustrated! I need a break," Harry snaps.

Pansy raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow. "Are you frustrated? Gosh, I would never have thought that." She blinked innocently but slammed her book shut.

"We've been on a vague investigation for nineteen days, Harry. Not only that, we've been subjected to your shitty temper for nineteen days. You say you need a break is the smartest thing you've said in 19 days."

Harry rolled his eyes when Pansy was finished. "Are you finished?" he asked annoyed.

"No! I'm not done yet! You, sir, pull yourself together! You're an inch away from fallen apart from misery. The first years will shun you for fear you'll snap at them! You need to rest, have you seen those dark bags under your eyes? When have you ever had a good night's sleep?" Pansy sounded decisive, with an undertone of concern and despair.

"Fuck! I have no idea, Pansy. Every time I close my eyes I'm gripped by cold, dead hands, with nails cutting through my flesh..." Harry paused and closed his eyes. He was startled by a firm hand placed on his shoulder.

"Okay, no sleep then," Draco said softly, squatting so he was at Harry's eye level. "I think you should go out. You have to work that frustration out of your body, you don't have to be a freakin' mage to see that your magic is out of control. You need to be... out. Somewhere."

"Yes," Blaise and Pansy simultaneously agree.

Theo looked at the old clock on the wall of the library. "We have three hours left to go to Hogsmeade? At least we can stock up on some candy and maybe have a few Butterbeers?"

The whole group made sounds of agreement. Harry groaned and dropped onto his folded arms. "You go, I think I'll stay here until I belong to the furniture."

Draco grinned wickedly. "Don't think so, Potter. Pansy's right, over the past few weeks I've occasionally hoped that I would wake up in the morning and that you would miraculously be one of those obnoxious Gryffindors again. Well, that's a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone- except those pesky Gryffindors. So there's no other option, you drag your ass out the door and come with us to Hogsmeade."

Harry groaned dramatically and then stood up. All their belongings had already been packed by Theo and Pansy, allowing the group to go straight to the dungeons to grab some money and possibly wear something else. Harry chose to wear only a cloak and a green scarf. This caused Draco to click his tongue in disapproval, but Harry shrugged at his friend's behavior, he had better things to do than deal with a Malfoy's disapproval. Draco had quickly refreshed himself and looked like he'd just stepped out of the Witch Weekly centerfold.

"Everyone ready to get away from all the research... and from Potter?" said Draco drawling.

"Hey!" said Harry indignantly. "I thought I would go with you to Hogsmeade!" Harry pouted a little, earning him a scoff from Draco.