No Sleep for the Wicked

"I still think we should take him home," said Rabastan, looking nervously around the room. He looked at his older brother, who was sitting relaxed on an armchair.

"Narcissa has done everything for Harry that we would do for him. Healer Hopson has stopped by and examined Harry, Harry is in a private room and a message has been sent to her cousin, Sirius... What more could you want, in Merlins' name?" Rodolphus's low voice was calm and soothing.

Rabastan snorted disdainfully. "If Harry hadn't gone to Malfoy Manor, he wouldn't have been hurt at all!"

Rodolphus laughed and shook his head. "He's not hurt, Basty. He just bundled a little too much energy, so he had a large surplus for a while. He couldn't get rid of it, so he lost control. That's all."

Hands darted into dark curly hair, while the almost black eyes widened. "That's all? THAT'S ALL! He could have been DEAD! Merlin! I almost went into cardiac arrest seeing him with our Lord, I didn't know what I was hoping for anymore: Harry who would strike down the Dark Lord with a huge wave of energy, or our Lord who would torture Harry with a Crucio. Either way, Harry would have gotten into trouble."

Rodolphus got up and slapped Rabastan on the shoulders. "My new brother turns out to be interesting anyway, brother. You could have chosen worse. "

Rabastan pushed his brother away, insultingly. "You go to your wife, she seemed very upset by all that overwhelming display of power."

"She was upset indeed, but not in the way you seem to think. It looks like Bella has adopted little Harry. She is now anxiously waiting for a message from Sirius, she is convinced that they have a lot to discuss together." said Rodolphus with a sigh, running his hand over his face.

"Freakin 'Blacks," murmured Rodolphus, his face dark.

Rabastan sat down on the bed next to Harry and brushed a long lock of hair from his face. "Poor Harry, he now has two crazy Blacks on his back. Not to mention an overbearing Lestrange patriarch."

Rodolphus began to chuckle now. "Did your father hear a rage, Basty? He was like, "Are you completely insane now? Or has your brain shrunk like Merlin's old balls?" I swear, Basty, I thought at the time that our Lord would personally see us orphaned. However, I was surprised when he took our father aside and went to talk to him for a moment. It was just bizarre."

Rabastan nodded absently, "I think our Lord finally understood that Harry is part of our family. He needs us, Dolf. Just as he needs the Malfoys, he would never have sacrificed Draco so blatantly, not without good reason."

Rodolphus snorted his nose inelegantly. "It was bloody stupid of him. He should have known better than to distance a wealthy, loyal family from himself by attacking their son. If he had done that to my daughter, I would have razed him to the ground. Fuck politics, family comes first."

Rabastan smiled at his comment and looked at Harry lovingly. "You're right, family comes first."

Sighing excessively, Rodolphus stepped away from the bed. "And that's my cue, I'll leave before it gets too sickly sweet. Isn't good for my teeth, you know." He grinned at his own joke and left the room, leaving Rabastan and Harry alone.

Rabastan turned back to Harry's sleeping face. His friend, partner, and hopefully one day his husband, lay incredibly innocent as if he didn't suck out a Dementor just hours ago. That spectacle of sheer power and dark magic did not fit Harry's sleeping angelic face, if Rabastan had not seen it himself, he would never have believed it.

But it was true, his incredibly sexy boyfriend was incredibly strong, stronger than Rabastan ever thought possible. He had felt it come in in waves, through his mark on his chest. It had been an indescribable feeling, all he could say for sure was that it was addictively good and that he wanted more.