Farewell and Reunion

Harry absently watched as Jormy was stroked by Bellatrix. The little snake lay on his back in Bella's lap, who gave him an extensive belly rub. Jormy hissed with pleasure and seemed to squirm extra every now and then, to get some friction on his back as well. Bella enjoyed the attention the little snake gave her, sometimes Harry felt that she had labeled the snake "hers" too, almost more than Harry.

"Harry?" said a calm voice next to him. Harry pulled away from the bourgeois picture that Bella and Jormy were making and looked at Remus.

"We have to go, cub. We thought it best if I dropped you off at the train, this way no one will be surprised, the whole Magic community already knows that I was a good friend of your parents," said Remus with something in his voice that sounded like regret.

Harry gave him a watery smile. "Remy, you know I like being dropped off by you. Sure, I would have liked Basty and Siri to come along, but a father figure is really not a step backward. You are my family too."

Remus nodded and looked away, blushing. "Say your goodbyes, we leave by Floo in ten minutes."

Harry took his time to say goodbye to his extended family. He started with Rodolphus, who pulled him hard in the chest and gave him a manly slap on the back. "You better write to us, little brother, you won't appreciate it if I have to come over," he growled into his wild locks of hair.

Harry nodded timidly as he was pulled into Bella's soft bosom. "Oh, Harry-pooh, I'll miss you! Tell little Draco that Auntie Bella will see him this summer. I do miss my family."

Harry didn't answer but gave her a kiss on the cheek. He gave her hands a gentle squeeze before walking away.

Corvus was already waiting for him, with his Lestrange mask firmly in place. However, as Harry approached him, he saw the dark eyes twinkle; even a little bit of moisture had collected in the corners of his eyes. He took Harry by the arm and pulled him to a corner of the room.

"Harry, I wish you wouldn't go back to Hogwarts." He held up his hand defensively as Harry tried to open his mouth. "No, Harry, I will not stop you - you misunderstand me. I just want to ask you to be careful. I fear for your safety now more than ever. Don't trust Dumbledore, I'm afraid that he wouldn't respond positively to your new affinities. If you have any doubts, please contact Professor Snape immediately. He will then be able to contact me directly. Do you promise that, Harry?"

Harry nodded.

"I really need vocal confirmation, young man," said Corvus sternly.

Harry gulped, "Yes, sir. I will do it. If I don't trust something, or if my new, um, powers are bothering me, I will contact professor Snape."

Corvus nodded with satisfaction, at which point Harry could clearly see the resemblance between father and son. Both were dominant personalities, striving for complete control. However, this control did not feel oppressive, Harry felt loved.

"Then it's okay, Harry. I believe it is now better to walk to your godfather, he also seems to be very keen to speak to you. Besides, my son seems to be looking more impatient by the minute," said Corvus with a grin.

Harry glanced briefly at Rabastan and saw his boyfriend leaning impatiently against the wall. "You're right, Corvus. I talk to you soon."

Harry walked quickly to Sirius who was waiting for him with a mischievous grin. "Pup! Before you go I have something for you. "

He took out a package from the bag he had on the table. "Put this in your trunk, and don't open it until you are in your dorm. It's a mirror Harry, your father and I made it back in the day. This is a two-way mirror, I have the other of the pair. If you want to talk to me just say my name in it; you appear in my mirror and I can talk in yours."