Page 37: White Light

Gabriel groggily blinked as he struggled to stay awake in the middle of class. Mr. Tucker was still writing on the blackboard and teaching about random things.

Literally. Tucker wrote 'Random Techniques' on the blackboard as the topic for today's class. As for the specific topic he spoke about... Tucker was telling about the White Light.

"Statistically speaking," Tucker said. "...probably none of you will ever be capable of using this. But you should still know about it. It's called-" He rammed a piece of chalk onto the board. White dust burst into the air, crashing onto the blackboard and painting it pale.

"White Light."

The class remained quiet. Unwilling to remain in silence, Tucker quickly continued.

"White Light is a distortion in space caused by pure magic energy."

He continued. "When magic energy is applied to a physical impact within 1/1000th a second, it happens. And within that burst of energy, magic flashes white. And once it does, the force of the strike is squared."

Alexander's eyes widened at those words.

Almost as an answer to Alexander's question, Tucker smiled. "Yes. You heard that right. The force of the impact is not only doubled, but squared. Multiplied upon itself."

He cleared his throat.

"But as I said, it's an incredibly difficult process that requires intense concentration. If one can achieve the use of White Light, then the process of manipulating magic energy becomes as easy as breathing."

"Number 8," he said, pointing at Anastasia. "Explain how the use of White Light can forever change a magician."

Anastasia paused. There wasn't any way of knowing the answer to that. After all, they were learning as Tucker spoke, nothing more. "...Well-"

Mukuro Tucker quickly interrupted. "Wrong!"

"Magicians that have managed to use it have an incredible understanding of the essence of magic itself. The few that have used White Light, compared to those who are incapable, their essence of energy is immeasurably different."

And as Tucker spoke, Gabriel was still dozing off.

"Gabriel," Alexander whispered.

Alexander and Gabriel sat in separate desks, yet just a few feet away from each other, their only divide being the staircase at the center of the room.

And still, Gabriel didn't hear him, his head swaying back and forth as his eyes remained shut.

"Gabriel," Alexander repeated, a bit louder this time.

"...Huh?" he grumbled, barely opening his eyes in response to Alexander.

"Number 10!" Tucker shouted, launching a rubber eraser at Gabriel. The white eraser struck him directly on the forehead, leaving him to wince and grumble to himself even more. This wasn't the first time Tucker had thrown classroom materials at him with intense speeds and heavy precision. "What's White Light?" he asked.

Gabriel spat out a sigh and looked up at his teacher. "White Light is a spell-

"Wrong," Tucker interrupted.

Without warning, another eraser struck Gabriel's forehead once again. Gabriel's forehead was already pink from the impacts. And so, he pounded his fist on his desk and grit his teeth. "I didn't say anything wrong! And stop throwing erasers!"

"You called it a spell when it's not. It's a technique." Tucker quickly moved along. "Does anyone know who has the highest record of consecutive White Light attacks?"